Position: Waking Night Support Worker – Learning Disabilities Supported Living Service
Salary: £9.00 – £9.35 per hour
Shifts: Day & Night Shifts Available
Location: Hastings, West Sussex
Service: Playden Gardens, Consensus Support Services Ltd
About the Service:
- Playden Gardens (Consensus Support Services Ltd) is a brand-new supported living service opening in July 2021.
- We require new staff to commence employment soon to complete full induction and training in time for the opening of the service and be in post for the first individual moving into their new home.
- The service is designed to support individuals with learning disability, autism and complex needs to live as independently as possible within the community with high levels of staff support. The building has both self-contained flats and large communal areas with a modern layout.
- Based on person centred active support and positive behaviour support the staff team will be there to support individuals to gain skills to life the live they want to lead in a way that has meaning to them.
- Consensus has over 95 services located throughout the UK, offering a structured and detailed training and induction programme to all new employees.
- This is an exciting time to join Consensus at Playden Gardens and start with a new team from the beginning, training and setting up the service with the Registered Manager.
- To secure this job, you will be an experienced Support Worker, ideally from a Learning Disabilities residential or supported living background, with experience supporting individuals who have complex and challenging behaviours. You must be an exceptional team player and have the right values in line with our own company values.
About the Role of Support Worker:
- Once the service is fully occupied, you will be supporting up to 6 male/female individuals who have a range of learning disabilities, and complex behaviours – some of which may be challenging
- Working within a structured support team, alongside Team Leaders and Team Coordinators
- Providing an opportunity for people who find it difficult to share a household with others
- Ensuring care and support in their own living space whilst benefiting from the backup of a nearby team
- Helping bridge the step between hospitals, residential care, residential colleges and supported living settings
- Focusing on building skills and strategies that individuals need to maintain and build upon their lives in the community
- Encouraging individuals to enjoy activities of their choice and gain a greater level of independence
- Providing help with personal care such as washing, bathing and dressing
- Flexible shift patterns available including days/nights, early, late and weekend shifts
Salary & Benefits:
- Hourly Rate for Support Worker: £9.00 - £9.35 per hour
- Career progression towards a Senior Support Worker
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours/pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Employee benefits platform providing discounts at over 150 retailers including nationwide cinemas
- Full training and induction including gaining the Care Certificate, support towards completing your NVQ in Adult Social Care
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Life Assurance benefit of twice basic annual salary
- Employee Assistance Programme, confidential telephone counselling and legal advice 24 hours a day, 365 days a year & a Health & Wellbeing portal
Consensus has a set of values that underpin and define how we work, inspire us to succeed and support achievement of the highest standards. For everyone at Consensus, our values are what unite and guide us to deliver the best for the individuals we support: Choice & Respect, Ambition & Imagination, Reliability & Professionalism, Honesty & Integrity, Responsibility & Accountability, Inclusive & Supportive
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'