The hours available are from 9.30pm-7.30am and 10.00pm-8.00am
Creative Support is a non-profit provider of personalised care and support for people with learning disabilities, mental health needs, autism spectrum conditions, and older people.
We are looking for a flexible and dedicated Support Workers who can demonstrate compassion and empathy to help deliver truly person-centred services and empower Service Users, supporting them to live as independently as possible. Individuals must be motivated and caring and genuinely want to support adults on the autistic spectrum and who have a desire to learn more about autism to work at one of our Supported Living services in Central Bolton. There are excellent public transport options available to travel to and from the project. Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and values:
- Have an understanding of confidentiality
- Have effective communication skills
- Be reliable and punctual
- Be tolerant and patient
- Be an active team player, but also able to work without direct supervision
- Have an enthusiastic and positive outlook
- Staying calm under pressure
- Value diversity and shows commitment to equality of opportunity
- Value health and safety and shows a commitment to ensuring a safe working environment
- Show sensitivity towards the needs of vulnerable people
Experience of working with people with an autism spectrum condition is desirable however we do provide extensive training. The position is open to graduates, experienced practitioners, and people looking to start their career in social care.
You will be expected to work flexibly on a rota to meet the needs of the service including weekends and bank holidays.
Creative Support has obtained Investors in People Silver status and you will receive ongoing training regarding the service user group you work with and training regarding changes to the law governing social care.