Are you looking for a new, exciting and rewarding career in the Cinderford area? Would you like to join a team of passionate Support Workers? Offering support to thirteen individuals with a varied range of complex needs including Learning Difficulties, Autism and may show behaviours that challenge.
This is a part time, permanent position paying £7.65 per hour for a Waking Night Support Worker contracted either 20/ 30 hours per week.
You will be providing support to maximise the potential of an individuals life, promote independence and encourage the individual to lead a fulfilling life by encouraging a person centre approach. The service is located in the residential area in Cinderford so easy access using public transport. The service tailors its approach to each individuals needs and requirements ensuring that the resident health and well-being is paramount.
Responsibilities of Waking Night Support Worker:
• Assisting with individual's care including personal care and assisting to maintain a high standard of hygiene, this may include manual handling.
• You would be assisting the adults to maintain their own network of friends and relationships
• Supporting home visits and inviting people to the service where possible.
• Encourage the residents with every aspect of their personal development, social skills, personal care, and interaction.
• Working as a part of a team with good commutation skills is essential
• Assisting with accessing the community
• Assisting with attending medical appointments with healthcare professionals
Person Specification for Waking Night Support Worker:
• Caring and Passionate Individual
• Flexible with working Earlies, Lates, Sleep Ins and every other weekend
• Enthusiasm, Compassionate and a strong Interest to work with Adults with Physical and Learning Difficulties.
• Experience within Health and Social Care is advantageous but not essential.
• Excellent communication skills
• Effective organisational capability
• Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support
• Proactive and hardworking individual.
• A competitive salary
• DBS costs covered
• Comprehensive induction and commitment to ongoing training
• 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
• Online benefits and cashback rewards
• Cycle to work scheme
• Just Drive scheme
• SMART Childcare Vouchers
• SMART Pension option
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Cinderford, Gloucestershireis passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to yourself please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job