About The Role: We are looking for Waking Nights Support Workers to join our friendly team in Stoke, commutable from Stoke and surrounding areas Working at Stoke you will be supporting individuals with physical and learning disabilities. We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to have fulfilled lives and gain further independence. Preferably experience of working in a similar environment but not essential as training is provided.
You will also need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potential sleep ins.
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee: -
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company Competitive rates of pay
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Retail discount vouchers
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us
- SAYE Scheme
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
To participate in the day-to-day implementation of individual support plans and activities within a challenging environment To maintain effective communication and liaison with service users, families and other whilst respecting appropriate confidentiality To support service users with the preparation of meals, laundry duties, cleaning and social events To maintain accurate notes and records as and when required To work as part of a team to provide high quality care.
The successful candidate will have: -
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behaviour, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults
The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding About CareTech CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services. CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions. We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. CareTech are proud to announce they are a Disability Confident Leader