Senser Recruitment are delighted to be the agent of choice, dedicated to recruiting on behalf of a Residential Special School based in Westerham, Kent.
About the Client
This placement is ideal for someone who hopes to progress and be given the best opportunities and training in the sector. The desire to make a difference and to contribute to the lives of those with SEN/D to paramount as is the consistent approach to offer these children and young people the highest standards of care and support.
They are known for being a provider of education and care for children and young adults with special needs and disabiltities such as autism, behaviour that challenges, learning disabilities, physical disabilties, limited communication and medical needs
The client, recognised within the Special Education and Care Sector as those who deliver excellence to the young adults within their care are seeking an ambitious individual, dedicated to providing the highest standard of care and support to join their successful as aResidential Support Worker - Waking Nights.
- To provide the children and young people with care and support that is tailored to their individual needs
- To provide a safe, warm and homely environment, whereby the residents may develop further and grow
- To promote independence, healthy life choices and to be a positive role model
- To provide emotional support as well and encouraging the contribution to the running of the residential setting. (cooking, cleaning, participation in activities)
- To actively have an input into the care plans, ensuring the young adult is challenged and encouraged live as independently as possible
- To check on the students throughout the night at regular intervals and more frequesntly for those with epilipsy
- To maintain accurate, detailed and up to date records, logs and report any concerns as per company procedure.
- To support colleagues and receive support when needed.
- To identify personal training needs and to report to management to ensure you are supported and provided with the training required
- Positively manage the behaviour of the residents and stage interventions where necessary
- Promote independence skills and encourage a high standard of personal hygiene for all residents
- Prepare and assist residents in preparing meals on a daily basis in accordance with good Health and hygiene standards
Waking Night - Rota -
Monday to Thursday - 7.30pm-7.30am or 8pm-8am
Friday to Sunday - 9pm to 9am (for the 16 weekends during the academic year the school is open)
- 1 year + experience within a special needs/care environment (SEN Schools/colleges/residential settings/outreach and within the community)
- Autism, behaviour that challenges , learning disabilities experience, knowledge and awareness.
- Alternative and Augmentative Communication (AAC) experience (PECs, MAKATON, PODS, BSL)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to listen and understand
- Excellent diplomacy skills
- The desire to personally develop via qualifications, training and ongoing professional development
- Patient, encouraging and supportive manner
- The ability to stay calm, listen and understand others while applying empathy in challenging situations
- To be supportive and communicate effectively with management and colleagues
- To be looking to join the team with a long term view of employment and to want a career and not just a job
- Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Ability to promote positive behaviour
- Must be willing to gain knowledge of the learning processes and specific needs of the residents
- Excellent observation skills
- Ability to work as part of the successful support team
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Can work using own initiative with a positive can do attitude
- Health and social care/Childcare/Residential care qualifications
- Special needs qualifications and training
- Enhanced DBS valid to work with adults/ children and adults (ideally registered on the online update service)
- Physical intervention training
- Experience supporting with various therapies
- Full UK driving licence
- An abundance of training and qualifications, progression opportunities and a generous salary/ rate of pay, this is an opportunity not to be missed!
Please note all offers of employment are subject to receiving Good or Excellent reference and compliance checks.
You must not be registered on any BARRED LIST and must satisfy all relevant checks before working with any vulnerable person and will be happy to provide all information asked of you relating to your application to ensure compliance with the safeguarding and protection of the residents and those in the clients care.
Senser Recruitment is a specialist SEN/D Recruitment Agency that matches the best talent in the market with positions within specialist schools/residential and care provisions
We are committed in safeguarding the welfare of children and all candidates are expected to share the same commitment.
Senser Recruitment welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sexual orientation, sex, disability, religion/belief, or age, and are committed to equality and diversity.
To apply, please send us a copy of your most up to date CV, listing all relevant trai
- Care Plans
- Learning Disabilities
- Personal Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job