ENS Recruitment are currently working in partnership with an Essex based charity, who provide support for children and adults with learning disabilities.
We are currently seeking Waking Night Support Workers on a part time basis, for their short break service assisting Children with Learning disabilities, based in Billericay.
Duties will consist of the following -
- Regular checks of at least hourly intervals must be made throughout the night to ensure the safety, comfort and well-being of the service users
- These must be accurately recorded for auditing and monitoring purposes.
- Service users who require 1:1 staff support during the night MUST be supported continually and a record of who is providing this support maintained
- Ensure that any appropriate and assessed elements of assistive technology are in place to support the service user.
- As service users wake for the day ahead, assist them in washing and dressing.
- Write reports against the individual plans at the end of each shift regarding the service users and the care and support given during the night.
- Housekeeping duties such as : -
- Laundry, as and when necessary, i.e. washing, drying, ironing and putting away clothes and bed linen.
- Preparation of vegetables and packed lunches for the following day, where relevant.
- Preparation of the dining room for breakfast, i.e. laying tables and unloading the dishwasher if necessary.
- Domestic tasks such as cleaning the kitchen or bathrooms
- Assist day staff in changing and making of beds and tidying rooms generally.
- Assist day staff in preparation of breakfast when time permits.
The hours are 9pm to 7am and will be required 6 to 8 nights a month.
The ideal candidate for this position will have -
- NVQ Level 3 Health and Social Care or the desire to study towards this
- Experience within a similar environment
- Proven experience of working with Children with learning disabilities
If you feel this is the right role for you please do not hesitate to apply. For further details please contact Kirsty at ENS Recruitment.