At Mencap we work in partnership with people with a learning disability. We do this by providing high-quality, flexible services that support people, including young adults, to live as independently as possible in their own homes and in the community.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You'll have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist.
You'll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We'll ask a lot of you - but you'll get back so much more. With us, it's never 'just a job'.
In return for your hard work and passion we can give you real meaning and purpose in your work.
Are you a night owl?
We are looking to recruit a positive and caring waking night Support Worker to join our friendly and welcoming team in the town of Bordon on a permanent basis.
The people we support have various needs and as a Support Worker you will need to ensure that their well-being is your priority. We ask that you provide full personal care overnight as and when required for a total of 3 nights per week. Each waking night shift is 9.5 hours long and you will be working on a rota basis.
As a support worker, flexibility is key for both yourself and for the service. The best thing about flexibility? It's a two-way street. While we may require that you work a variety of shifts, we also understand that you'll have your own requirements - have you got commitments on a Thursday? Not to worry, we can factor this in, as well as other requests (provided you give us enough notice) into our rotas.
The people we support thoroughly enjoy their bedtime routine which normally includes talking, finishing up household tasks, watching the latest films before lastly helping them settle down into bed. When they are fast asleep you will be completing light domesticated duties such as ironing, cleaning, checking finances and cashing up.
This is a perfect opportunity if you are looking for a relaxed, friendly environment to work in. The best thing is anyone can do it, as long as you have a positive mind-set and are attentive at all times, then we would love to hear from you! You will always have another Support Worker on site to assist you with your duties if need be. In return for your hard work we will support you through our award winning training to help you progress in your career with us!
Within the 'Additional Information' section below, we have included profiles for some of the people you will be supporting. This will give you a better understanding of the role requirements, the individuals needs and to help you to answer our application questions.
By joining us in this admirable home, you will have the opportunity to become inspired to be the very best that you can be, which will guide and help you to develop within your chosen career path. So, why not express how great you would be for this position by clicking on the pink 'Apply' button below? You certainly won't regret it! We include the people that you will support in our selection process so you will have a chance to meet them and introduce yourself during or after your interview.
*A enhanced DBS will be required for the successful candidate (Paid by Mencap).
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
- Support Worker
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job