Waiting Staff - Colchester CO1 - £15,600 per annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for experienced waiting staff member to join this Four star luxury Hotel based in the Colchester area.
My client is a Four star Luxury Hotel that is surrounded by glorious parkland, yet only minutes from Colchester. This beautiful Hotel combines the romance and charm of an eighteenth century Grade II listed house with all the comforts of contemporary living. This luxury Essex hotel extends this philosophy to its food, offering a modern, award-winning brassiere open every day and an impressive traditional afternoon tea served in their elegant lounges in the main house.
· To assist with the smooth running of the restaurant and bar areas.
· Ensure that all restaurant, bar and service area preparation and close down activities have been completed to prescribed standards for each service period.
· Liaise with Reception staff regarding guest bookings and requests
· Answer telephone enquiries in the prescribed manner, handling requests efficiently an projecting a positive image of the hotel in telephone delivery.
· Assist in monitoring the flow of service through each service period, identifying any bottlenecks or problems and deploying resources appropriately to minimise the impact on restaurant or bar clients.
· Have a good working knowledge of all menu items including wines, champagnes beverages and to ensure that guests and staff are aware of specials/changes to menu.
· Maximise restaurant revenues through discreet up-selling of food and beverage items, promotion of alternative dining facilities through lead referral, where appropriate.
· Be fully conversant with all aspects of POS operation including routine functions (order entry, kitchen communication, call orders away, bill production etc.), adjustment/correction features an analysis reporting.
· Resolve guest complaints to the satisfaction of the guest concerned, and within parameters agreed by the Restaurant Manager.
· Assist with the organisation of the collection and removal of tables and chairs for special functions and to assist with the set up and break down of rooms.
· Comply with Health and Safety legislation, reporting any accidents and acting responsibly in cases of emergency; attending the appropriate training courses when necessary.
· Be fully competent in the full operation of the POS system, to have the ability to handle any problems that may arise.
· Be fully conversant with all policies and procedures and licensing laws affecting the health, safety and wellbeing of staff and guests
· Mentor and coach Edge Hotel School students to ensure they maximise their training in food and beverage.
· Undertake any reasonable duties as requested by the Hotel Manager or his/her nominee
Contact Erika at Rayment - Recruitment for an immediate interview. eika @rayment-recruitment.co.uk