Waiting List Administrator - NHS (b3)
Waiting List Administrator
Job Type: Temporary
Base: At our client’s hospitals
Duration: this is expected to be for 3 to 6 months and likely to be longer
Office Location: Nottingham
Pay Rates:£10.09 paye inclusive of holiday pay or £10.80 umbrella per hour
Working days and hours: Monday to Sunday, 37.5 hours, Shifts either 8am-8pm, Monday to Friday or 8am-4pm, Saturday and Sunday
As part of a team, the post holder will be responsible for the management of the inpatient and day case waiting lists for a delegated number of consultants at The trust, in accordance with Government Access Targets and Trust’s Access Policy. Also ensuring that there is an efficient and effective use of available resources at all times.
- Responsible for adding/removing patients to the NUH waiting list and co-ordinating/booking their admission to hospital, using hospital IT systems e.g. Medway PAS/ORMIS
- Ensure patients are added to correct waiting lists using hospital standard operating procedures, Medway PAS
- Working to agreed protocols to negotiate patient admissions for inpatient and day surgery procedures and minor procedure treatments.
- Provide appropriate confirmation letter of TCI to patient, along with any relevant supporting information.
- Ensure all relevant patient information is recorded on the Trust’s IT systems and updated accordingly in line with Trust Access Policy and Procedures.
- Ensure RTT patient data is accurate at all times
- Amend patient information and admission requirements in line with pre-operative assessment information/findings.
- Produce speciality theatre lists for multi-disciplinary scheduling meetings, attend meetings, and undertake all required follow up actions to support patient admission
- Act as the first point of contact within the Trust for patients who have enquiries regarding admission details and waiting list queries, either by email,, phone or face to face.
- Ensure adherence to the Trust Waiting List Policy with regard to National and Trust Targets for waiting times.
- Provide non-clinical advice regarding hospital admission to patients seeking further advice from the Consultants or lead nurses as required.
- Be responsible for adherence to the Trust Access Policy with regard to National and Trust Targets for waiting times
- In conjunction with the appropriate managers liaise with external healthcare providers to facilitate the timely admission of patients.
- Be responsible for identifying potential breaches against Trust waiting list targets and taking timely and appropriate action to avoid the breach, including 28 day target for cancelled ops.
- Liaise with clinical staff to ensure the availability of any specialist equipment as required.
- Ensure any patients who have not responded to letters, or do not attend pre-operative assessment clinics are contacted in line with the Trust Waiting List Policy.
- Work flexibly and provide cross cover for colleagues in the Directorate.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities, which may reasonably be required.
- Deputise for the Waiting List Co-ordinator where appropriate
- Participate in appraisals and personal reviews and work to achieve agreed set objectives.
- Participate in appropriate training and development activities.
- Participate in team, professional and personal development activities.
Do you have previous experience working as administrator within the NHS?
Do you have experience working as administrator within healthcare?
Are you available to work Monday to Sunday, 37.5 hours?
Do you meet the criteria above and available to start immediately?
- Administrative Support
- General Administration
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'