SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent VRU Service Engineer to join our global organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for servicing Vapour Recovery Units.
* Work on Vapour Recovery Units at various locations, mainly in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
* Service Vapour Recovery Units in accordance with SGS Roplex Planned Maintenance Procedures to ensure they remain in optimum working condition.
* Communicate with customers to arrange service visits and ensure risk assessments and other documentation required for issue of work permits are submitted in a timely manner.
* Undertake routine testing of VRU equipment including Electrical Circuits, Mechanical Equipment, Control Systems, Instrumentation (electrical & pneumatic), Programmable Logic Controllers, Actuators (electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic), valves and pumps.
* Carry out Routine Preventative Maintenance to detect and correct developing faults before they reach the point where they cause unplanned downtime and unnecessary breakdowns.
* Attend breakdowns if they occur and carry out Fault Finding and Repairs to all types of VRU equipment.
* Provide status reports to customers on VRU operation/condition, including any relevant recommendations to improve performance/reliability.
* If not based at the Shedfield office, the role holder will report to the local M & I branch to provide local support when not actively engaged in VRU activities.
* Liaise with the Service Manager to ensure Routine Services are carried out in a timely manner.
* Maintain a working knowledge of European & National Legislation relating to VOC emissions and Vapour Recovery Systems.
* Keep abreast of new developments relating to VRUs in order to maintain our position as market leader in the servicing and repair of Vapour Control equipment
* Communicate with site operators to ensure a quick and professional response to calls for assistance and rectification of any equipment faults. Record all communications in order to maintain a high level of service.
* Keep good records of all work done using SGS Roplex Planned Maintenance sheets and ensure details of hours spent and materials used are recorded on timesheets to allow correct invoicing to customers.
We offer an open corporate and international culture, a flat hierarchy and a dynamic work environment in a leading global company. Our high professional standards and our sustainability approach guarantee you a future-oriented work environment. We invest in our employees for the long term and we are committed to supporting your development within the company. We offer a competitive base salary, plus a bonus scheme. SGS also offer an excellent benefits package including a minimum of 23 days' holiday (increasing with service), childcare vouchers and discount schemes, private health cover, plus a contributory stakeholder pension scheme.
Skills & Knowledge
* Electrical, Instrumentation & Control System knowledge
* Willingness to travel to different locations and work away from home for several days at a time
* Use of test equipment such as Multi-meters, Insulation Testers, Signal Generators (Current & Pneumatic) PT100/Thermistor Simulators, Gas Analysers and Pressure Comparitors
* Ability to fault-find and effectively solve problems in a logical way
* Self motivated individual as often operating alone
* Knowlegde of instrument calibration procedures
* Computer literate; particularly Excel and Word
* Full UK Driving Licence
* Understanding of Intrinsically Safe systems
* Use of Hart Communicators
* Knowledge of PLC programming, particularly Allen Bradley, Siemens S7 and GE Fanuc
* Laser alignment of Motors & Pumps
* Use of Vibration Monitoring/Analysis systems for rotating equipment
* Knowledge of SCADA systems
* Setting to Work & Testing Variable Frequency Drive equipment
* Willingness to travel abroad should the opportunity arise.
* Understanding of machine reliability and modes of failure
* Must have worked on electrical systems and have a background in control engineering, instrumentation or process systems.Desirable
* Previous experience of working in Hazardous Areas on Electrical & Mechanical equipment.
* Exposure to the oil, gas and petroleum industry
* GCSE's in relevant subjects (A-C), or equivalent
* ONC, NVQ Level 3, City & Guilds or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
* Computer literate; particularly Excel and Word
* COMPEX Hazardous Area Electrical Certificate
* IET 17th Edition Wiring Regulations Qualification
* HNC, HND or Engineering Degree
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job