Location: Coventry, GB
Category: Education, Educational Projects and Contract Management
Job Title: VQ Product Designer
Contract Type: Full-Time, Fixed-Term (6 months)
Salary: £29,800 - £40,200
This role can be classed as a secondment opportunity for internal candidates with line manager approval.
What it’s about
We are looking for a VQ Product Designer to join the Product Development team on a fixed term contract of six months.
You will be part of a team of Product Designers who develop or redevelop Vocational Qualification products that are innovative, cost-effective, attractive, high quality and fit-for-purpose. You will be working to a brief set out by the Head of Product and you will interpret that to define the requirements for a qualification and its support package and delivery requirements.
You will also lead on changes to qualifications that are already being delivered and support team projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Leading and delivering the design of new or revised products, making sure they meet regulatory, technical and other stakeholders’ requirements.
- Lead the team of internal and external contributors to product design: set development briefs, provide training and support regarding the product development process, quality assure the work of external contributors, and coordinate all contributions to ensure coherence.
- Interpreting, recommending and articulating a vision for a complete qualification design, delivery and assessment package and preparing and leading a team of others to create it.
- Liaise with relevant regulatory or governmental bodies on product content requirements during the development or revision of products, as needed to secure necessary accreditation or approval.
- Providing product specific information to support marketing, sales and training activities.
- Leading on or contributing to projects intended to improve our future capabilities.
- Working with the VQ Senior Product Designer who will support you in your role.
What we’re looking for
- Technical knowledge: understand the technical issues involved in creating robust assessments
- Regulatory knowledge: understand of the regulatory requirements and governmental policies that affect OCR’s products
- Communication: work with colleagues in a range of different subject areas and at a range of levels of seniority to develop an understanding of compliance and its implications
- Product development: deep understanding of business and product development including the markets in which OCR operates
- Influencing: ability to influence and other to create buy-in and gain agreement, particularly when dealing with multiple stakeholders with conflicting interests.
- Working in the education / assessment sector (to provide an understanding of how assessment products are applied in the classroom)
- Designing or developing assessment products (experience with UK regulators is highly desirable)
- Working within a regulated environment
- Creating and/or coordinating teaching and assessment support
- Interpreting requirements and generating a vision and instructions for creating a product and/or process.
- 'Commercial’ - is able to weigh up the competing demands of customers, Regulators (or similar), financial targets, and other OCR teams and directorates and make appropriate decisions to drive results
- 'Outcome focused’ - determined and resourceful in the delivery of the best possible results on schedule, to budget, and at the requisite quality; while ensuring that any activity or deliverables is acceptable to customers, regulators, and Cambridge Assessment / OCR
- 'Innovative’ - is future focused, inquisitive, and open minded about the suite of products being managed; always seeking opportunities to learn and improve performance
- 'Collaborative’ - able to work effectively with and influence a range of people, both within and outside OCR
- 'Professional’ - gains the confidence and trust of customers, managers and colleagues by operating within company standards of conduct
- Be determined and resourceful in the delivery of the best possible results on schedule, to budget and to requisite quality taking into consideration the needs of customers, regulators and OCR
- Constructively influence others to create buy-in and find solutions where there are conflicting interests
- Collaborate with and motivate others including those who may have less experience in product or assessment design
- Be positive and resilient to the impact of change and is self-motivated.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a superb range of benefits:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Subsidised canteens
- Support for professional qualifications
Who we are
OCR (Oxford Cambridge and RSA Examinations) is a leading UK exam board. We provide qualifications which engage people of all ages and abilities at school, college, in work or through part-time learning programmes. Our general and vocational qualifications equip learners with the knowledge and skills they need for their future, helping them achieve their full potential.
Work/life balance is important to us here at Cambridge Assessment, and we offer all our colleagues a range of flexible working options, which suit both the business and the employee. So please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 21/03/2018.
As part of your recruitment process you will be required to undergo a background screening. This will be carried out by our selected supplier, Credence Background Screening Limited.