VP MAR Compliance Specialist
This major investment bank is conducting a comprehensive overhaul of their Fixed Income Surveillance program in accordance with the MAR / MAD regulations. They now seek a MAR Specialist to review the division from the top down and focus on improving their systems, procedures and policies for the future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake regular & fundamental reviews of the Fixed Income division's surveillance processes and procedures and implement changes where necessary
- Drive the firm's EMEA surveillance change program that will focus on the following:
- Implementation of a Logical Process Plan to minimise data leakage in accordance with the firm's MAR capability assessment.
- Ensure framework contains and controls Fixed Income data to optimise the surveillance process
- Ensure that the data reporting process is optimised for MI and regulatory purposes.
- Ensure that the London Fixed Income division's surveillance program is coordinated with those of Equities and the wider global program of enhancement.
- Review and sign off on the test plan program and refine where necessary
- Monitor current technology developments in surveillance and promote best practice initiatives.
- Monitor potential market abuse cases to provide advice and guidance on best practice as well as highlighting issues for policy or procedural change.
- Review of all current surveillance policies to ensure that they meet the standard of the regulator and are consistent with global policy
- The role will evolve to focus on wider objectives as each element of the Logical Process Plan is completed which would include strategic objectives for surveillance in the future such as
This is a highly strategic role that will create a significant impact on the performance of the division. You will need to have the following attributes to be successful:
- Outstanding communication skills (verbal, written and presenting)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Detailed knowledge of the MAR / MAD regulation as applied to Fixed Income (FX, Rates. Credit) sales & trading
- Very strong knowledge of SMARTS / Actimize and/or alternative surveillance systems.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Good understanding of the logic behind surveillance models
- Ability to analyse raw data and define & recommend logical processes.
- Strong knowledge of trade data capture and record keeping.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'