VP Commercial Finance - Position Description:
Our client is looking for a highly professional, experienced VP Commercial Finance for a critical role within their centralised Finance team based at Global HeadQuarters.
You will be responsible for supporting the development and implementation of the overall business strategy and taking a leadership role in the delivery of the global operational plans; delivering against commitments on time; working with and influencing people from across the business including senior executives.
Managing a team of 9 qualified Senior Commercial Business Partners, you will be reporting to the CFO and working at Executive team level to contribute value added input to overall business plans and strategies.
Summary of Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Right hand person to the CFO and ability to deputise on her behalf
- Managing, advising and developing a finance team that provides analysis to drive strategic decisions at Board and Executive Level; owning key global projects and processes; supporting / driving change in key areas of the business globally
- Key Business Partner and strategic advisor to various Executives, including Chairman and Chief Executive, as well as reporting and liaising with board members and Investors
- Responsible for the Budgeting and Forecasting process, including coordinating with and influencing various stakeholders within the business; through structural change and restructuring if required
- Responsible for driving innovation in new strategic business models as the business moves into new products and markets, including modelling and pricing of all of Group’s new products
- Driving the M&A financial due diligence process on acquisition targets, including determining valuation and producing synergistic business analyses to support integration of targets into the Group.
- Strong governance presence across the business; developing and implementing global company policies and procedures to ensure the correct level of controls are in place and sound decisions are made
- Managing and developing teams including creating effective team structures, promoting, hiring and developing managers
- Qualified Accountant (ACA Big 4) with exceptional academic record.
- Previous experience in a commercial finance leadership role within a global business
- Previous experience of exposure to Executive and Board members
- Experience of operating successfully in more than one industry
- Experience of running successful M&A transactions
- Strong customer service and quality focus with strong influencing skills and attention to detail
- Highly motivated and driven in a fast paced, highly demanding environment
- Ability to deep dive and produce own analysis as well as being responsible for reviewing others
- Good strategic thinker who always makes sound, fast and consistent business decisions based on adding value to the company in the long-term
- Proven experience in driving 'best in class’ and implementing process change
- Commercial and strategic business acumen
- Ability to lead by example, motivate and manage a team of experts
- Commercial Finance
- Executive Team
- Strategic Business