London (Office and home-based)
About the Organisation
Our client is an organisation of people with lived experience of the criminal justice system, and they are passionate and energetic about making change, happy to have become part of the unique dynamic.
They are resilient by nature and work alongside, rather than within, the criminal justice system. They are servant leaders, accountable to the people they serve.
They are now seeking a Volunteering & Training Manager to join their team on a full-time basis working 40 hours per week.
- Salary of up to £30,000 depending on experience
- 25 days’ holiday per annum plus public holidays
- Take on an exciting role where you can make a real difference
- Become part of a determined team who are passionate about what they do
This is a fantastic opportunity for a training professional with project and budget management skills to advance their career with a charity dedicated to reducing offending. You will have the chance to support rehabilitation efforts with marginalised people in and around the criminal justice system.
By joining the organisation, you will help to ensure thousands of people have their voices heard by decision makers at local, regional and national level.
Our client values experience. If you believe you have the skills and experience they’re looking for, apply today.
As a Volunteering & Training Manager, you will be responsible for establishing, maintaining and developing all volunteering and training activity, policies, processes and materials for the organisation.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will liaise with Regional Engagement Teams and the Support Team to understand volunteering needs and raise staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
You will generate appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions and will then support the recruitment of volunteers, ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
Additionally, you will:
- Monitor, support and motivate volunteers and their work
- Design and expand training and development programmes
- Manage budgets and resources, including reimbursing expenses
- Promote volunteering through publicity strategies and campaigns
- Assist line managers and trainers to solve specific training problems
- Lead on the training and monitoring of trainers
To join our client as a Volunteering & Training Manager, you will need:
- Experience of accredited training delivery and development
- Experience of overseeing organisational training systems and processes
- Experience of managing multiple projects and budgets
- Experience of managing and supporting volunteers or small teams, ideally ex-offenders
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines
- The ability to work with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels
Experience of the criminal justice system and/or other associated systems as a service user would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of engaging criminal justice service users.
Demonstrable and relevant experience of managing, motivating and supporting large teams, ideally ex-offenders, would be equally desirable, as would experience of generating income and other business development activities.
Our client welcomes applications from ex-offenders and from all sections of the community regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age or disability.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteering Training Manager, Training Manager, Trainer, Volunteer Engagement Manager, Volunteer Trainer, Training and Development Manager, Learning and Development Manager, or L&D Manager.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Volunteering & Training Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'