This is a lovely opportunity to join a leading charity in Essex and Herts as a Volunteer Manager.
Reporting to the Volunteer and Event Lead, your key responsibilities will be to handle the charity's team of volunteers to ensure targets are being met.
The role will be based out of offices in Essex and Herts, so it is essential that you are able to drive and have a clean licence. In addition, evening and weekend working will be required given the nature of the role.
- Working with Fundraising managers to ensure all targets are achieved
- Maintaining regular contact with retail managers to ensure retail volunteers are up to date with charity news
- Establishing and build strong relationships with all volunteers and volunteer groups
- Being responsible for the recruitment, induction, training, supervision and support of all EHAAT volunteers.
- Developing, organising and delivering in-house Volunteer Calendar of initiatives, meetings, training and get-togethers.
- Assisting with the regular review of volunteer documents, procedures and Volunteer Handbook. Carry out volunteer reviews as required ensuring all established volunteers are offered an annual review and ongoing training and support.
- Monthly reporting
- Regular networking in order to seek new opportunities..
- Producing the quarterly Volunteer Newsletter and develop and maintain the Volunteer Hub
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety regulations, Volunteer Safeguarding, The Fundraising Regulator, Charity guidelines and all relevant good management practices and ensure these are in place and observed.
- Managing the Charity's Visitor Centres
- Working closely with the Events Manager across all our events and be the main point of contact for the volunteers at all our own events. Delivering the volunteer briefing ensuring volunteers understand fully their duties for the event.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a similar role, working with volunteers
- A highly motivated, individual with a positive attitude, who is flexible and trustworthy
- Excellent professional telephone, oral, written, and IT communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- A confident public speaker who is able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences
- Highly organised and efficient in managing workload
- The ability to build strong long lasting relationships.
- The ability to inspire and motivate others to support the Charity
- To have a full driving license and have access to a vehicle
- Good knowledge of Essex & Hertfordshire
- An understanding of the role of the Fundraising Regulator