Volunteer Database Administrator
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At DEBRA we are currently looking for a Volunteer Database Administrator to join our team based inBlantyre.
About the Volunteer Database Administrator role
You will contribute to the effectiveness and efficiency of DEBRA so that the needs of people with EB, their families and carers are met and to contribute to DEBRA’s purpose and mission.
Working pattern: 20 hours over 5 mornings, however depending on the applicant could potentially accept 20hours over 2 days.
Key Responsibilities of our Volunteer Database Administrator will include:
- Maintain Progress database for all Volunteer data, running reports when requested
- Handle enquiries relating to volunteer application requests
- Follow up on Volunteer references when required
- Maintain stock levels of volunteer application leaflets
- Handle all SCVO administration liaising with Learn Direct when required
- Act as the main reception point for visitors and deliveries to the Office, ensuring all visitors are greeted promptly and efficiently and in a professional manner when required.
- Act as first point of contact for all incoming telephone calls to the office, answering all calls in a professional and helpful manner. Route calls to the appropriate member of staff as necessary and take messages / follow up as required
- Arrange for volunteer relevant courier items to be dispatched and ensure mail is ready for collection at end of day
- Assist with mailshots when required
- Attend Retail Administration team meetings as required
- Undertake other duties at the direction of the Head of Retail Administration
What we’re looking for in our Volunteer Database Administrator
- Computer Literate
- Good word processing skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Logical and analytical approach to work
- Good organisational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Experience of the charity sector
- Knowledge of retail activities and administration
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) – a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin condition EB.
Until that day, DEBRA focuses its work in two areas:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- We provide care and support to individuals and families living with EB.
We couldn’t do any of this without raising substantial funds, which is why you will be so integral to our success.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as our new Volunteer Database Administrator please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'