We are looking for to recruit a Volunteer Treasurer with solid financial or accounting experience at a senior level in a business or within the charity sector. Reporting to the Trust Chairman, the ideal candidate will have good inter-personal skills, enjoy working as part of a team and a genuine interest in developing community cohesion.
Hoole Community Development Trust (HCDT) is a registered charity based at the Community Centre in Westminster Road, Hoole, Chester. The purpose of the Trust is to operate the Centre itself; we rent rooms; provide a community cafe and organise community events so that it is financially independent and can play a full part in developing a vibrant community in Hoole. We are looking for a Treasurer who, as a member of the board, can help support the Trust through the next phase of the growth and development. We are an equal opportunity organisation and offer a challenging, yet fun and fulfilling opportunity for someone interested in a hands-on involvement in the local community.
- Be responsible for day-to-day accounting including bank reconciliations, production of monthly management accounts etc
- Present and report upon the accounts at the quarterly Board Meetings
- Produce Annual Accounts for submission to Auditors and agree subsequent documents
- Be responsible for payroll administration for 6 (currently) employees by liaising with Payroll and Pension Providers
- Ensure prompt payment to all Creditors
- Work with the Chairman and Secretary to ensure good governance of the Trust
- Produce appropriate Business Plans and associated Budgets
- Meet with key stakeholders and grant providers to develop relationships and partnerships as appropriate.
- Prepare and monitor grant funding applications as appropriate
- Meet with Centre users for specific issues that arise
- Maintain close working relationships with all staff and be involved with the day-to-day running of the Centre
Key Skills and Attributes
- Sound financial thinking
- Fund raising capability
- Commercial experience, particularly around marketing and advertising
- Willingness to be hands on and volunteer
- Experience of working in a charity or social enterprise
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'