Voice & Collaboration Lead Architect
Entity:Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
bp's architecture teams address complex problems by using ground breaking technologies, fusing business insights, product management proficiency, and technical skill to propel bp towards a sustainable, lower carbon future. Our architects knit together the diverse digital realms, collaborators, and technology procurers to formulate a unified, agile, and robust digital architecture for bp.
bp is in search of an experienced and hard-working Lead Voice Architect to influence the design, governance, and progression of its voice solutions.
Bp is implementing a new strategy for voice, a large proportion of this a move toward Microsoft Teams, this position is responsible for designing, implementing, and optimizing voice systems across the organization. Building patterns that allow voice dependent infrastructure to leverage voice with minimal onsite infrastructure footprint. They will be pivotal in ensuring that our infrastructure wide voice solutions are reliable, scalable, and integrate seamlessly with other technologies within the organization. This role will be at the forefront of the company's efforts to demonstrate pioneering voice technologies for enhanced communication, collaboration, and productivity.
The individual will be adept at simplifying complex technical language and concepts, ensuring that business partners who are not IT-focused can clearly articulate their requirements as well as understand and align with the voice technology strategies and implementations. As the Principal Voice Architect, you will:
- Team: You directly influence product and service design. You are the lead architect and design authority building scalable and performant site networks using modern technologies and approaches. You will not just lead, but you will "do". Our culture is exploring, thinking and doing, and you will live this every single day.
- Architecture: Like most large enterprises, some elements of our platform portfolio contain the most sophisticated technologies readily available. Other elements represent legacy investments. You will develop the voice strategy, reference architectures, and roadmaps that will enable us to continually evolve and innovate our site connectivity services.
- Relationships: You will understand the business drivers, challenges and emerging use cases that will influence our network strategy and trigger change in network products and capabilities. You will continuously scan the external market for relevant technologies, and you will recommend and introduce those technologies at scale and with pace. In addition to technical competency, you will collaborate with architects and partners in adjacent teams, to collect requirements and build them into future product releases.
- Technology: You have a passion for learning and leading by example, and enjoy designing and building automated, virtualized, and secure communication networks. You possess broad knowledge of voice, network and security products, solutions and vendors and an ability to rapidly adapt new technologies to enhance and optimize services.
- Safety and Compliance: You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- Strategic Voice Infrastructure Planning
- Collaborate with partners across various groups to understand voice requirements, assess current capabilities, and resolve future needs.
- Develop strategic plans for scalable, secure, and robust voice architectures that support the diverse needs of a global organization.
- Design & Deployment
- Design global voice infrastructure solutions, ensuring they are resilient, scalable, and aligned with industry and company standards.
- Coordinate the deployment of new voice systems and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Integration with Other Systems
- Ensure that voice systems are fully integrated with other IT infrastructure components, such as data networks, cloud platforms, and security systems.
- Collaborate with other IT teams to provide seamless communication experiences.
- Performance & Quality
- Monitor system performance, ensuring high availability and minimal disruption.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to elevate voice quality, reduce latency, and enhance the end-user experience.
- Security & Compliance
- Ensure that all voice infrastructure components are secure, aligned with data privacy laws, and protected against potential threats.
- Collaborate with the cybersecurity team to establish standard methodologies and regular audits.
- Vendor Management & Procurement
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with vendors, ensuring that the organization gets the best value and highest quality services and products.
- Lead all aspects of procurement processes related to voice technologies.
- Documentation & Knowledge Transfer
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for all voice infrastructure components.
- Conduct training sessions and workshops for internal teams to ensure smooth operations.
Your experience and expertise will include:
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'