Voice and Data Network Engineer
A solutions focused career…
Would you thrive within a highly customer focused role where you’ll have the opportunity to establish close professional working relationships with customers and colleagues, as part of a business that is large enough to deliver but still of a size that cares? If so, this career opportunity where you can share new ideas, new technologies and solutions is one not to be missed.
Who will I be working with?
Pinacl is an exciting and innovative ICT provider that drives innovation from flexible managed services through reliable wireless networks to integrated managed network infrastructure solutions, giving customers greater choice and underpin their success. Pinacl has gained an enviable reputation with a well-established and ever-growing client-base that is supported by a dedicated workforce of over 52 employees, producing a turnover in the region of £12m.
So, what will the role of Voice and Data Network Engineer entail?
As a Voice and Data Network Engineer, you’ll work as part of a team providing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for the full cycle of LAN / WAN and voice products for a Managed Service contract. Your duties will include:
- Monitoring the network and diagnosing faults with customer network and carrying out repairs within agreed SLA
- Providing support and advice on general faults and queries
- Generating reports and documentation
- Providing technical installations and tests according to design documentation and project plan
- Following documented process and procedures in line with BSI and ITIL including SOW, Risk Statements, Method Statements and customer sign off
- Providing a 24 hour on-call service (on rotation)
What will I need to be considered for this Voice and Data Network Engineer role?
- Proven experience in configuring routers, switches, VPN, VOIP, firewalls, wireless and desktop support
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and using own initiative
- Full UK driving licence for travel between customer site locations
Security clearance and DBS checking will be undertaken as part of any offer of employment.
The following would be advantageous, although not essential:
- Knowledge and experience with Smoothwall, Microsoft networking, Active Directory and UNIX based systems
- Understanding of VMWare and Citrix based systems
- CCNP qualified or working towards, CCNA level at a minimum
- Manufacturer accreditations including Mitel core, Nu-Point and Contact Centre range of products
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be part of an exciting and dynamic team within an Investors in People accredited business that is large enough to deliver but still of a size that cares. Pinacl is committed to career progression with professional qualification paths and the company will encourage you to share new ideas, new technologies and solutions and be part of transforming the industry.
Salary: circa £30,000 level dependent on experience and qualification, plus performance bonus
Attractive Benefits: Overtime and on call payment, 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays increasing to 25 days plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service, pension, healthcare, life assurance, and childcare and cycle scheme vouchers
Hours of Work: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Based at customer’s head office in York (North Yorkshire)
All applications to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
This Voice and Data Network Engineer vacancy is advertised by JVP Jobs on behalf of the employer Pinacl. At JVP Jobs we believe in providing complete transparency for you the job seeker to help you make informed decisions. By applying for this role you are submitting your CV directly to our above named client. Please note that we DO NOT operate as a recruitment agency, all applications will be reviewed directly by the employer Pinacl, and should they wish to progress your application further they will be in contact with you.
Feel free to visit www.JVPJobs.co.uk to access CV and interview tips, apply for advertised vacancies, and set up email job alerts.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job