R13 recruitment are working in affiliation with an Ofsted Outstanding graded, incredibly successful training provider to recruit for a Vocational Skills Tutor at their Kings Lynn Centre. Supporting young people with a variety of educational needs, you will be responsible for delivering high quality advice, tutoring and training to support your portfolio of learners to achieve NVQ Level 1 in Customer Service, Retail, Hospitality and Business Admin. You will be passionate about supporting young people who may be disabled, disadvantaged or dis-engaged with mainstream education to help them improve their employment prospects.
Duties to include:
- Create and deliver engaging "taster" sessions with groups and individuals to help learners gain an understanding of what a job role within these sectors may be like.
- Management of a portfolio of <30 learners concurrently over a period of 12 weeks.
- Supporting learner’s transition to work placements within their desired sector and enrolment into relevant NVQ Level 1 qualification.
- Designing and delivering engaging and relevant class room based training and activities to groups of <15 learners to cover selected Units.
- Undertaking 121 observations and professional discussions with your learners onsite at their work placement locations.
- Recording learners progress, regularly updating the database to proactively assess development.
- Behaviour management, recognising potential issues and resolving swiftly.
- Ensuring all learners are involved in decision making through learner voice forums, survey, attendance and review sessions.
- Undertaking verbal and written reports to ensure accurate and timely learner’s reviews.
- Supporting learners independently with academic and personal difficulties.
- Managing all onsite resources to ensure security of materials and equipment.
You will have/be:
- Level 2 (or equivalent) English and Maths qualification (equivalent to GCSE A-C).
- Management exposure to working within one or more of the following sectors: Retail, Hospitality, Customer Services, Business Administration.
- A genuine desire to positively influence young people’s futures through the provision of recognised qualifications outside of the mainstream education system.
- A creative approach and an understanding of different learning / teaching styles.
- Effective communication skills, coupled with the ability to engage with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Confidence to handle challenging behaviour from learners.
- Capability to encourage, motivate and positively influence learners to high levels of achievement.
- Exceptional organisational skills and be able to effectively prioritise workload.
- Relevant Assessing qualification: A1 Assessor TAQA or CAVA / OR D32/D33 and desire to upskill.
- Previous experience of assessing and managing a portfolio of learners.
Please note that as part of the interview process you will be required to create and deliver a short training session to a group of learners on a key topic.
Where you do not possess an Assessor qualification, you must be committed to gaining this within a specified timeframe. This will be fully funded by the business.
**You will be required to undertake an enhanced CRB check for this position**
This is a full time permanent role. Offered starting salary of up to £25500 DOE. 25 days holiday + bank holidays + opportunity to purchase additional holiday time, annual personal training budget, pension, company discount platform. Your salary will be reviewed based on your performance after 6 months.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Jessica Harber at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Customer Service
- Customer Service Manager
- Vocational Skills
- Key Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job