We are Unum (pronounced you-num) and we’re one of the UK’s leading financial protection insurers; that means we sell Income Protection, Critical Illness cover and Life Insurance. You may not have heard of us before, so you probably don’t know that we’ve been around for over forty years and insure more people under our Income Protection products than Aviva, Legal and General, or Canada Life - companies you’re more likely to have heard of. We are working towards becoming the Employee Benefits provider of choice for working Britain.
We have a vacancy at the Basingstoke office , providing Job Retention/Absence Management Advice and Vocational Rehabilitation Services to Unum’s customers in order to facilitate return to work outcomes through effective case management.
- Deliver effective case management to achieve Return to work outcomes. This will involve proactively co-ordinating a number of cases by liaising with both the employee and employer. Using your expertise and experience to implement and monitor return to work plans, providing recommendations on reasonable adjustments and progressing adaptations in the workplace for employees.
- Co-ordinate third party providers and will need to ensure that all stakeholders are actively involved and informed.
- Produce high quality reports and statistics on all activity for management information within agreed timescales. This will require the consultant to be proficient with and utilise basic word processing and email and will require regular recording of all activity.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with employers to reduce sickness absence in the workplace. Establishing an understanding of the clients needs and provide a quality service which produces good customer feedback and creates successful outcomes.
- Support claims managers in decision making by accepting referrals and assessing a client's needs in relation to vocational rehabilitation. Involving initial home or worksite assessments, liaison with all parties in order to identify rehab potential and providing recommendations that will assist colleagues in the ongoing management of claims.
- Support sales/distribution and our intermediaries by promoting our services and providing job retention, absence management and rehabilitation services within agreed guidelines to influence the successful acquisition and retention of business. This may include delivering presentations and assisting employers to develop robust absence management protocols to support them in returning employees back into the workplace.
- Ensure the continued protection of Unum’s information, by following all applicable Information Security policies and procedures and by reporting suspected weaknesses in information security controls to the Information Security Officer.
- Understand how Conduct Risk, Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) Risk Management and Solvency II systems of Governance relate to both the role and the divisional activities and highlight any opportunities for improvement.
- Comply with Unum’s Code of Conduct and other Company Policies and Procedures as appropriate to the role
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Intermediate knowledge of Word.
- Beginners knowledge of Excel.
- Understanding of Windows/Outlook and Power Point.
- Solid experience of providing vocational rehabilitation for a wide range of companies and industries.
- A background and knowledge of the financial services and/or insurance industry.
- The position is office based with some travel required to visit customers (brokers, employers or members), therefore a full driving license is useful.
- You should have qualifications related to vocational rehabilitation, or relevant experience in a related field, i.e. Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Occupational Health, Occupational Psychology or Vocational Case Management with understanding and/or experience of a commercial environment.
- A proven tracked record of working with people with disabilities and returning them to work.
- Case management experience.
- Strong commercial awareness and experience of work with large employers.
- Understanding of effective absence management principles
- Training will be provided to ensure job holder gains and maintains skills and knowledge required to perform the job
Minimum Entry Criteria:
- Occupational Therapy, Nursing, Occupational Health, Occupational Psychology and/or Vocational Case Management - CDMP desirable
This is a great opportunity to work for a UK subsidiary of a global organisation, we look after our employees, offer a great work-life balance, generous benefits, a professional challenge and fantastic career opportunities.