Have you worked within a trades environment, and now want to opportunity to pass on your knowledge, skills and experience to learners and trainees?
R13 recruitment are assisting a leading organisation in their recruitment drive for a Vocational Cover Tutor. You will be responsible for providing supply cover across a variety of trade related vocational areas, including plumbing, carpentry, brick-laying, tiling, plastering, painting & decorating, mechanics, welding, highways; including assessing the learning and skills of individual learners, with a view to improve their employability skills.
Duties to include:
- Working alongside the team to understand curriculum and individual schemes of work.
- Delivering planned lessons via handover with the Vocational Tutor.
- Set up of lessons, including allocation of tools and equipment to learners.
- Setting of individual objectives in line with learner plans.
- Undertaking review of learning and achievement toward objectives during lessons.
- Ensuring all equipment is returned and locked away at the end of each lesson.
- Updating individual learner plans with relevant progress / additional support requirements.
- Preparing and displaying learner work around workshops / other appropriate environments.
- Completing administration including attendance registers, timesheets and training plans.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
You will have/be:
- Hands on experience within a related trades orientated vocation.
- Desire to progress into the training and development of others.
- Where a training qualification is NOT held, the appetite to qualify within 6 months (funded by the employer).
- Strong communication skills with ability to tailor approach to suit variety of audiences.
- Confidence to calmly and efficiently handle challenging situations.
- Good general administrative skills.
- Creative approach to work and prepared to think outside of the box to look for new ideas.
- Ability to engage, motivate and positively influence others.
- Flexibility and be willing to quickly adapt.
This is a full time, permanent role working 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. Offered salary of £22,000 DOE. A competitive benefits package is offered including: 25 days annual leave (increasing incrementally) + bank holidays, annual pay reviews, free onsite car parking, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, pension and perkbox. Funded training and professional development offered as an integral part of this role, onsite at your place of work.
How to apply:
To hear more details about this fantastic opportunity please email your CV to Louise Prowse - Recruitment Specialist at rthirteen recruitment.
Powered by our principals - we link individuals with opportunities to fulfil their potential, and introduce client partners to associates to aid their business evolution. Contact us, for a completely confidential chat. rthirteen, clever recruiting which makes a difference.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for advertised vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this opportunity. rthirteen will retain your details, and contact you with any other forthcoming opportunities which we feel may be appropriate.
- Skilled Trades
- Vocational Skills