Purpose of the Job
To provide group and 121 training to learners, in a variety of vocational and non-vocational areas. You will be supporting learners aged 16-24 both during their traineeship programme and once moved in to a destination.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Work with Project manager, in the creation and review of learning resources / materials
- Enrolment of learners as and when required
- Completion of Learner Timesheets, Reviews and all other necessary paperwork in respect of the contract(s)
- Support learners into contractual destinations
- Ensure quality of delivery and take part in internal audits and quality assurance
- Any other duties as required by Project Manager
- Support and Mentor learners once moved into a destination
- Work with the awarding body and centre managers to ensure all learner registrations are accurate
- Invigilate where required
- Maintain detailed records of all learning and assessment and ensure paperwork meets minimum standards set by Client and funders
- Contribute to quality initiatives and Client QIP
- Effective interpretation of a range of initial assessment and diagnostic tools.
- Devising Learner Journeys/Action Plans taking into consideration various learning styles and individual learner needs.
- Liaising with colleagues to offer learners the best possible progression route for further education, apprenticeships and employment.
- Delivery of vocational and employability qualifications, accredited and non accreditated in line with awarding bodies regulations
- Achieving a minimum of Grade 2 in all internal and external inspections, monitoring visits and observations.
- Achieving minimum retention rate of 90% and success rate of 90% for accredited and non accredited qualifications.
- Supporting the administration of the learning aims.
- Attending curriculum working groups where necessary
- Administrating and completing paperwork associated with programme within required timescales, claiming certificates.
- Keeping up to date with any awarding organisation changes and requirements
Personal Specification Skills and Qualities:
- Recent experience of the teaching learning delivery and assessment of all elements of a variant of vocational and non vocational areas
- Knowledge of awarding bodies and specifications .
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels of business
- Knowledge of Ofsted and Common Inspection Framework
- Ability to work collaboratively within a relevant education or training setting
- Ability to manage own work and take initiative within a team and influence others
- High level literacy, numeracy and ICT skills
- High level interpersonal skills
Background and experience:
- Experience working in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience running creative workshops, particularly those around job search, employability skills, career development and confidence building and other vocational training
- The ability to work in a target orientated environment and achieve required measures of success and quality
- Experience in the delivery and assessment of accredited qualifications in the field of employability, vocational training and career development
- Experience of unsupervised working and using own initiative
- Literacy and Numeracy at or above Level 2
- Teaching qualification at level 4 or equivalent experience
- Vocationally qualified to level 3
- PTTLS or equivalent
- A formal assessing qualification such as an A1 or TAQA
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job