"An opportunity to join a dynamic, market-leading cloud business who can offer genuine career progression and development."
Basic Salary: Up to £65k
Additional Package Info: Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover, Bonus
Our client is looking for people to join their expanding team to manage their multi-cloud platform and deliver new projects. You’ll be using the latest technology in a large-scale environment whilst moving towards a DevOps way of working.
A typical day may involve working to deliver new product solutions, automating service delivery and proactive and preventative system administration.
You will be comfortable with constructively challenging the status quo, innovate and stretch yourself and the technology we use. Knowledge-sharing will be second nature to you as your drive is to learn and develop yourself and others.
- Ownership of escalated incidents from Operations and solutions delivery on client deployment project
- Proactively administer, analyse/trend and troubleshoot specific issues with the company infrastructure to achieve the highest possible availability of services for our Customers
- Work with colleagues, suppliers and internal teams to resolve potentially complex technical issues across multiple technology disciplines
- Champion the use of best practice within the support teams (technical, process and service) to quickly and effectively close-out Customer tickets, handle changes and escalate problems. Seek and enact opportunities to improve the way that we operate as a team
- Onboard new products as specified and designed by the Product Management Team and Technical Architects
- Perform Capacity Management tasks to meet department targets and KPIs
- Attend customer sites to provide on-site escalation point for critical issues and aid customer relationship development activities
- Provide assessment and input to specific non-standard customer requests that deviate from
- Excellent technical level and exposure to:
o Virtualisation - large scale VMware vSphere, vCloud Director, OpenStack
o Core DC technologies - servers, networks and storage (SAN)
o Operating Systems - Windows and Linux (esp. RHEL and CentOS)
o Networks and Security - TCP/IP in multi-tier network infrastructure, routing, firewalling, switching, IPSEC and SSL-VPN, virtualised Networking/NSX
o Messaging and Emails
o Database Management
- Operational support of the above technologies in critical-uptime 24x7 settings a distinct advantage and exposure to Cisco next-gen Data Centre products and technologies (Cisco Nexus 5000v/7000v and UCS)
- Experienced in Service Management environments ideally aligned with ITIL or equivalent standard. Background in Customer Support / Service Desk an advantage
- Demonstrable Customer Service and communication skills, written and verbal. Experience delivering informal training, webinars or coaching of colleagues will be an advantage
- Disciplined, self-organised and motivated to learn and improve in a busy and changing environment
- Cisco qualifications
- VMWare qualifications
- Experience of automation
- Competitive salary plus 10% bonus
- 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service,Pension, Healthcare, Life Cover and much more.
Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
Harvard Associates takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorise Harvard Associates to store your personal data in its electronic database, for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify Harvard Associates. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. Harvard Associates provides services as an Employment Consultancy and is committed to equal opportunities for all candidates.
- Data Center
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'