VM Field Service Representatives
Salary dependant on experience
Engineering / Defence / Military
South Wales, UK
Purpose of Position A Field Service Engineers (FSE) a highly adaptable, senior vehicle Engineer who can work independently or with other FSEs to provide diverse vehicle maintenance and specialist advice to MOD and the client personnel. The FSE will be based at the clients Repair Facility in South Wales, but will normally work at UK Army Units or trials locations throughout the UK, where the AJAX variants are deployed. Whilst based in the UK they could be deployed to support the MOD in foreign countries (e.g. BATUS in Canada) and also be free to work extended hours and some weekends when required.
- Technical focal point for all vehicle related matters including modifications, Post Design Services (PDS), technical training and defect reporting.
- Assess battle damage, warranty faults and recommend rectification procedures.
- Provision of training to new team members and oversee/advise/mentor MOD AJAX crew personnel and Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (REME).
- Work with design/project engineers to develop optimised engineered solutions. Provide field feedback on technical issues and support System and Software Engineers in designing technical resolution.
- Carrying out all levels of repairs on AJAX Variants (up to Level 4) and also upgrades / modifications, as per Design changes.
- Perform business support administration (timesheets, procurement of equipment, stocktaking, collect and report data) using provided IT (client and MOD)
- Document, maintain and improve Work Instructions (including strip down, non-destructive testing, etc.)
- Working outside of a 9 to 5 routine both in the UK and overseas (this could involve weekends).
- Deploying for agreed period of time in worldwide locations
Required Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of automotive systems and how they work together. Including CANbus systems, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Highly customer focused with good communication skills.
- IT literate with working knowledge of automotive diagnostic systems
- Used to working away from home for protracted periods and willing to work several months in demanding locations
- Ability to share knowledge within the team
- Ability to achieve DV Clearance level
- Practical knowledge of JAMES to record repair activities
Required Education & Experience
- Degree level or equivalent experience in Field Service Engineering or related discipline
If you feel this role suits your skills and experience, please apply.
You can also send me an up to date version of your CV to stuart(dot)macdonald(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk