Zachary Daniels are currently partnering with one the UK's top fashion retailers for the recruitment of a Visual Merchandiser to work in their head office in Manchester.
We want a VM who is able to create and develop amazing visual displays that are going to draw customers in and fully showcase our client's range. With a background in Visual Merchandising you will be able to use your creative skills to ensure the customers have an amazing shopping experience.
As a Visual Merchandiser you will be able to work with the Store Management team to coach colleagues to ensure merchandising best practice across the store.
Key duties and responsibilities as a Visual Merchandiser:
- Develop in store visual merchandising standards and produce updated guidelines each season
- Use the Head Office mockshop to create commercial monthly updates including step-by-step window installation guides, POS implementation guides, and merchandising updates.
- Work with the marketing team by providing VM support for new store openings, store events and trade exhibitions
- Help set up the display stands and ensure the products are displayed correctly
- Take an inquisitive approach to gaining and broadening knowledge of product range, product technologies, market knowledge and competitors
- Work with the retail Marketing Manager to understand the in-store budget strategy for the year
What we want in the ideal Visual Merchandiser:
- The ideal candidate will have a relevant degree e.g. marketing, fashion promotion
- Minimum 3 years experience of visual merchandising in a multi-site clothing retailer or department store
- Excellent communication skills, including presentation skills, copywriting, briefing
- Commercial approach
- Creative, innovative and aesthetic flair
- Role involves bending and lifting to construct and dismantle bulky unitary and POS
- Good organisational and administration skills
- Knowledge of outdoor market and technical clothing and footwear would be advantageous
- Role involves frequent travel and will require long hours at peak times such as new store launches, trade shows and product launches
- Driving licence and passport are essential
If you are looking to branch out and use your visual merchandising skills then we are very keen to hear from you!