Visitor Services Assistant
This role is for 4 days per week (rolling rota with every other weekend) on a 6 month contract.
Our mission is to preserve and enhance Bletchley Park, to attract, engage and educate visitors from all over the world through the continuing restoration and development of the entire estate and our exhibitions. Our mission is to highlight the codebreaking achievements of Bletchley Park in the Second World War, its role as a birthplace of computing and its importance for understanding the past and relevance for the future.
As the Visitor Services Assistant, your duties will be to:
- Perform your duties in a way which promotes and respects the Bletchley Parks Trust Mission statement
- Welcome visitors on entry to the Admissions and Retail areas, to direct as appropriate and provide information as necessary
- Develop an understanding of our Internal and External customers and treat all visitors with respect and courtesy
- Process and reconcile admission vouchers in accordance with Bletchley Park procedures
- Supply all visitors with the information required for their visit and issuing season tickets as necessary
- Upsell Visitor services and Bletchley Park products at admission and retail points
- Ensure the serving areas, retail floor, stock room and office areas are kept clean and tidy.
- Replenish retail stock on the shop floor when necessary.
- Assist with the fulfilment of online and mail orders when requested including dispatching of goods in a timely and professional manner.
- Answer all queries directed to Admissions or the Shop(s), whether by customers, colleagues or suppliers, in a courteous manner and direct the query to the Supervisor if you are unable to answer satisfactorily.
To be a successful Visitor Services Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Good inter-personal skills and a willingness to assist others.
- Good spoken skills.
- Good numeracy skills.
- A good team player.
- A knowledge of and interest in the Bletchley Park story and a willingness to promote the Trust’s mission.
- Experience working in a retail outlet, including customer service interaction.
- Experience in stock management.
- Experience in a tourist attraction or similar.
- First Aid at Work qualification.
There are 2 shifts which are:
- Summer months (March - October), 09.00-17.00 or 09.45-17.45
- Winter months (November - February), 09.00-16.00 or 09.45 - 16.45
These are worked on a rota system, so the candidate would actually work both times.
In return, the Visitor Services Assistant will receive a salary of –
- Under 18's probation period £6.00 / £6.62 post probation
- Over 18's probation period £8.10 / £8.50 post probation
The Trust operates a policy of compliance with the law on grounds of non-discrimination on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, nationality or disabilities. No smoking is permitted in any offices or buildings.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the core skills for the role.
Your covering letter and CV should be submitted to:
Finance and Personnel Officer
Bletchley Park Trust
Milton Keynes, MK3 6EB.
Closing date: Friday 24 August 2018.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Strictly no agencies.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'