Visitor Experience Officer
As the Visitor Experience Officer, your role will be to make sure that you work with your team to offer a safe and enjoyable offer for all of our visitors. You'll be responsible for leading for customer service in all its forms whether that be in person, through signage or social media.
This is a fixed term contract due to end when the previous employee returns from maternity leave. At this point we cannot confirm exactly how long this contract will last, but it is unlikely to be more than 12 months.What it's like to work here
Dunstable Downs is located within the Chilterns Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and marks the highest point in Bedfordshire. Comprising flower rich chalk grassland, deep sunken ways and grassy knolls, the Chilterns Gateway Centre gives spectacular views across the Aylesbury Vale. Locally loved, the Downs welcome visitors from many communities. These include families with kites and picnics, daily dog walkers and wildlife spotters. The wide open spaces are also used by many groups to get fit. These include Nordic walkers, park runners and a role and stroll group. The view café is a treat for many of our regulars.
You will be required to work every Sunday and some Saturday’s. Your main place of work will be Dunstable Down’s, but you may be asked to work at Shaw’s Corner or Ashridge Estate to cover holidays.What you'll be doing
As a Visitor Experience Officer, you’ll be responsible for the delivery of effective interpretation and engaging programming to deliver a year round offering of events at the property. Working alongside the Visitor Experience Manager, you’ll develop engaging and meaningful interpretation that can teach, move and inspire our visitors. We are passionate about creating a universally welcoming environment, we work with a range of partners to develop a more accessible offer for local communities so that everyone can access the countryside on their doorstep.
Understanding how and why we engage our supporters is key. You’ll deliver high standards of presentation at the property, and ensure all our communications with our visitors, from the first click on the website, to the posters and signs around the property are clear and consistent. As an advocate of exceptional visitor experiences, you’ll join a high performing team and will regularly be involved in the duty management rota helping run the visitor operation.
Please also read the full role profile attached to this advert.Who we're looking for
It’s a significant role at a busy property and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to have:
- A flexible customer focused approach, with high standards of customer service
- Excellent people skills, enabling strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Experience of working to multiple deadlines and managing own workload
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills, and a good eye for detail
- Understanding of the aims and ethos of the National Trust
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A hard working approach, be committed and a team player
- Strong IT skills - Microsoft Office
- Experience of producing interpretation, marketing or promotional material
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
Benefits for working at the National Trust:
- Flexible working whenever possible
- Free parking at most locations
- Discounts in high street stores, cinemas, National Trust properties and cafes.
- Free entry to our properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- Generous annual leave
- Subsidised health cash plan
- Free 24-hour support service
- Substantial pension scheme of up to 10% basic salary
- Training & Development tailored to you
- Up to 5 days of paid volunteering for you.
Click here to find out more about the benefits we offer to support you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'