Our client is a charitable organisation who have been serving local communities since 1999. They take pride in the quality of their work, striving to bring exceptional artists, speakers and creative opportunities to Milton Keynes.
Position: Visitor Experience Assistant
Location: Milton Keynes
Job type: Flexible hours, casual or permanent, full time or part time
Salary: £9.00 per hour
About the role:
They are looking for Visitor Experience Assistants to support the delivery of all visitor services and building operations, including box office, retail and events. The successful candidates will also support the implementation of health & safety policy across the site, under the supervision of the Duty Manager / Visitor Experience Manager.
- Deliver an excellent visitor experience across the Gallery site, ensuring the highest possible standard of customer service at all times.
- Communicate with visitors in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Work closely with volunteers to deliver excellent visitor focused services.
- Support the delivery of a commercial approach to front of house working to ensure that box office and membership sales are maximised.
- Undertake customer questionnaires and ensure data is collected and reported as required.
- Cash up, record and bank all monies received on a daily basis, as required.
- Support the set-up and take down of Gallery events with the support of the Duty Manager and Visitor experience Manager.
- Discuss the Gallery’s exhibitions and events with members of the public and deliver short, informal tours (training will be provided).
- Support the achievement of annual visitor targets.
- Ensure public areas of their premises are clean, secure and welcoming for staff and visitors at all times
- Support the Managers on duty with the maintenance of the site.
- Monitor site security, climate control and heating systems and ensure that all incidents are reported and acted upon as necessary.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role.
- Experience of handling cash.
- Experience of managing difficult situations e.g. dissatisfied customers.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate with a broad range of people verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and interest in art, music, film, literature or other contemporary culture.
- IT skills including confidence in MS Office Software.
- Confident and personable, able to develop rapport with a wide range of people.
- Proactive, takes the initiative, independent, thinker / problem-solver.
- Tactful and diplomatic.
- Qualified first-aided would be beneficial.
- Able to work day and evening shift patterns.
- Able to commute to and from central Milton Keynes.
You may have experience of the following: Visitor Experience Assistant, Visitor Assistant, Visitor Services Assistant, Gallery Assistant, Retail Assistant, Hospitality Assistant, Sales Assistant, Events Assistant, Customer Service Advisor, Operations Assistant, etc.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'