Do you love working with people from all ages and backgrounds? Can you provide service with a smile to thousands of customers, every day? Come and work with a great team, in a beautiful location. With engaging stories to tell, there’s always something to share with our visitors, and it will be you job to make sure we’re doing that all year round.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
What it's like to work here
Hill Top House, part of the South Lakes property portfolio, was the start of Beatrix Potter's life as a farmer and conservationist in the Lake District. A truly international icon, it is open to the public and a very busy small property!
What you'll be doing
As the largest conservation charity in Europe we work hard to raise funds, so that we can continue to care for all the heritage in our trust. Visitors are a vital part of what we do, so you’ll be responsible for ensuring that you provide an excellent service to all our visitors, every day. As the Visitor Experience Assistant, it’s your role to ensure that the welcome our visitors receive is perfect, setting them up for an amazing experience for the rest of the day.
You’ll be responsible for answering queries and making sure visitors can find everything they need for their visit. Understanding how and why we engage our supporters is key. Working with our spirit of place you’ll work with the visitor welcome team to link everything we do back to our cause and the on-going work we do.
You’ll deliver high standards of presentation at the property, and ensure all our communications with our visitors are clear and consistent, from the first click on the website, to the posters and signs around the property.
Who we're looking for
It’s an exciting role at a busy property and we need someone who can take on a challenge. To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to have:
- A flexible customer focused approach, with high standards of customer service
- Excellent people skills, enabling strong relationships, both externally and internally
- Strong organisation and planning skills, and a good eye for detail
- Understanding of the aims and ethos of the National Trust
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A hard working approach, be committed and a team player
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job