My client are a thriving South East London Local Government Office who are currently recruiting an experienced Face to Face Visiting Officer to work within their borough.
Overall Purpose of the post:
Visit people to identify the need for advice, support, adaptations, independent living skills and social interactions.
Provide high quality information and support and promote healthy living via access to a wide range of services.
Develop social networks and local activities that support health and wellbeing which can be sustained by the community in the longer-term.
Develop effective working relationships with all partners, stakeholders and local organisations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To engage face-to-face with service users to identify specific needs and appropriate interventions.
2. Enable referrals and links between individuals and service providers.
3. Provide high quality information and promote wellbeing and prevention initiatives.
4. Be a friendly source of information and support within the community.
5. Help people help themselves or one another through initiatives to facilitate and support increased –
• Individual and community capacity
• Social inclusion and community networks
• Reciprocal support
• Sustainable caring roles
6. Help people maintain or regain independence through-
• Living skills, adaptations and enablement approaches
• Simple safeguards and new technologies
• Advice, information and advocacy regarding appropriate housing and support.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and are looking for your next ongoing temporary role please do not hesitate to submit your most recent CV asap!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business