In this role you will be expected to:
- Conduct laboratory work involved in the design, construction, growth & evaluation of viral vector vaccine candidates
- Maintain and evaluate both mammalian & bacterial cell cultures for growth conditions, DNA purification and viral vector production
- Evaluate and perform analytic assays, as well as assist in studies to optimise the ability to manufacture adenoviral-vectored vaccines.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that all work is carried out to GLP standards (documentation, SOPs, work flow diagrams)
- Participating in the development and conduct of laboratory meetings
- Assisting in ordering supplies, making reagents & general laboratory housekeeping
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Graduate of a biological sciences degree or equivalent
- Relevant GLP work experience
- Experienced in using research methodologies such as ELISA, Western blot, viral growth curves, viral titers, transfections, PCR & DNA sequence interpretation
- Excellent written & communication skills; must be able to both understand & present scientific information using Powerpoint, formatting charges, graphic displays & tables
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company where you will be able to play an integral role in conducting bench studies for both vector & process development to progress the adenovirus vaccine vector platform.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST40958 in all correspondence.