8:00 to 16:30 Monday to Thursday and 8:00 to 15:30 on Fridays
Starting wage of £16,500 per annum dependent on experience
To be responsible for the day-to-day work of the vineyard(s). Assist the vineyard supervisor as directed and ensure all work carried out is to specification and industry best practice.
You will be working at Hampshire’s largest Vineyard, taking care of the vines. As a vineyard operative you will work with a team of experienced farmers learning the role of working with vines and producing fine sparkling wine. This involves all aspects of vine care and tractor driving. You will be trained on PA1, PA2 and PA3. You will also be trained to drive a tractor to assist with vineyard duties.
Experience with tractors would be useful though not essential as all training is provided at company cost so just important that the ideal candidate understands this is outside work, so the ideal candidate should be physically fit.
For a starter with no experience our client offers a starting wage of £16,500 obviously this would increase dependent on skill level but the wage at start considers the cost to our client of training and gaining spraying qualifications.
Our client also offers a private Health care scheme, Perk-Box vouchers for various money off offers, company pension scheme and end of year discretionary bonus scheme.
Hours of work:
Monday to Thursday 8-4.30pm
- Picking grapes
- Compliance with health & safety policies and practices.
- Tractor driving, including: spray application, fertilizer spreading, mowing, vine trimming, leaf/bud removal, soil cultivation
- Vine maintenance, including planting, pruning, tying down, bud and shoot removal in spring and summer, leaf removal, green harvesting, picking
- Trellis installation & maintenance.
- Data collection, including bunch counting, monitoring and recording of disease
- General vineyard maintenance
- To accurately complete all record keeping documents to ensure full traceability of vineyard operations in regards to spraying any pesticide/fertiliser applications.
- To ensure that all equipment and machinery is kept clean, neat, tidy and in good working order.
- Any other tasks or duties which can reasonably be expected of an employee by a responsible employer
You will need to:
- Be reliable
- Enjoy working in the outdoors
- Able to work on their own initiative and also as part of a small team
- Good inter personal skills and a wiliness to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure
You will have free parking onsite, but will need to bring your own lunch as there are no facilities onsite. The company will provide a full uniform.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'