- A key element of the role is to capture the breadth of academic, sporting, extra-curricular events and chapel services across the School by creating a range of engaging videos
- To design/produce artwork and manage printing of school literature and website
This beautiful school was founded in 1611 and moved to its present magnificent 250 acre site near Godalming in Surrey in 1872.
- To develop and create visual storytelling across multiple platforms to support the School's communication and marketing goals.
- To plan, schedule and film relevant aspects of the School Life by gathering and proposing ideas and topics for filming.
- To set up all film shoots and ensure appropriate equipment/environment.
- To direct filming and, if necessary, advise those being filmed on what looks/sounds good.
- To plan and perform video post-production tasks, including reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, logging rough cuts, motion graphics, colour correction, animation etc.
- Where necessary work with Theatre Technician to ensure appropriate sound/audio adjustments.
- To prepare the video for multi-media formats including web, and other digital distribution medium as required.
- To produce at least one short weekly snapshot video of the School (approx. 2.5 minutes long)
- To produce half termly video overviews of the School Life.
- To ensure social media best practice for video distribution and exploit all School social media channels (when set up) wherever possible.
- To maintain a weekly record of views/click-throughs via the School's Website/You tube/Facebook and Twitter channels (when set up).
- To accurately archive existing video assets and create archiving standards for future use such as naming conventions and file size/type requirements.
- To conceptualise, create and produce aesthetically excellent and thematically appropriate marketing collateral material such as fliers, brochures, promotional materials etc.
- To coordinate all administrative aspects of design production (checking colour, text format separation, scaling etc.) ready for final approval
- To update School maps
- To design advertisements for local and national press.
- To liaise with vendors to obtain estimates for final approval.
- To support the Head of Marketing and the PR and Communications Manager with timely and accurate website updates (images and content).
- To take photographs for news stories, press releases and website.
- Experience in story telling via videography
- Knowledge and understanding of most matters relating to videography such as photography and lighting
- Proven experience in video editing
- Highly proficient with a range of design and video motion software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using website CMS systems
- Tech savvy, with considerable knowledge of audio/visual equipment, hardware, software, troubleshooting and techniques used in video production and editing
- Knowledge and understanding of various filming techniques such as indoor and outdoor filming, 'filming on the go', interview based filming
- Experience of working in a graphic design or marketing role
- Experience of working in a regulated environment
- Experience of working in a school
- GCSE in English Language
- A degree or similar qualification in film, graphic design or creative arts or equivalent in experience
- A level in English
- A relevant qualification in video editing/videography
5 weeks' holiday plus 8 statutory bank holidays.
Membership of the sports centre
Personal Accident Insurance Cover
Death in Service
Contributory Pension Scheme
Subsidised membership of School Golf Club
Cycle to Work Scheme
Childcare Voucher Scheme