AVMI are the UK’s largest integrator and service provider of audio visual, video conferencing and digital media solutions. Established over 25 years ago, we have global capabilities and hundreds of experienced staff implementing our systems in corporate, retail and public environments.
We employ over 400 members of staff across 6 locations internationally.
AVMI provides Managed Services functions such as technical on-site support, maintenance and administration to various large corporate organizations both inside and outside London.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Video Helpdesk Coordinator to join our team. The position involves a high degree of exposure, working sometimes with executive management and managing directors at our corporate client’s site.
The Video Helpdesk Operative will serve as the interface and link between the client’s facilities management team and video infrastructure to schedule and manage video conferences. This may also involve white glove concierge services at times. The role will also require proactive investigation and resolution of reported faults at infrastructure level, and oversight of field based engineers as and when required. Working with our service and ticketing platform, diligent administration of activities will be an essential part of delivering a successful service.
Duties and Responsibilities;
Video Conference Bookings, Scheduling and Technical Support
- Monitor video conference booking platform for scheduling requests.
- Schedule, test, connect and monitor video conferences on the CUCM video conference platform.
- Schedule, test, connect and monitor video conferences on the RPRM video conference platform.
- Reservation of internal / external video bridges both on the phone and on-line.
- Work within agreed SLA’s to investigate and oversee fault incidents.
- Carry out first line support & trouble shooting/real time diagnostic activities.
- Provide video conference remote support when required.
- Work proactively with client IT service team to identify and resolve network connectivity issues
- Oversee field engineering activities when required.
Monitoring & Maintenance
- Remote test all video conference systems at all locations regularly to ensure all equipment is in good working order prior to meetings.
- Monitor ongoing connectivity to all locations and endpoints, to the Customer’s infrastructure and other cross territory services. Escalate service affecting issues to the Customer’s IT Service manager in a timely manner.
- Carry out essential firmware upgrades in a timely manner and essential software upgrades to video conference equipment to ensure they remain fully supported.
- Monitor the video conference gatekeeper and respond to system changes/alerts.
- Update global address books when necessary. Ensure the customer’s agreed naming convention is adhered to, liaising with the customer’s IT Service Manager for guidance as necessary. Proactively review address books and correct any inaccuracies relating to endpoints.
Administration and Service Improvement
- Ensure any faults or issues are accurately logged and tracked using the service ticket platform.
- Provide regular service delivery statistics as required by the client.
- Provide effective input to continuous improvement plans with the wider teams.
- Report all service shortcomings affecting the VC service to the appropriate manager.
- Work collaboratively with users, other customer teams and suppliers to provide excellent customer service and to ensure successful video conferences in accordance with SLA requirements.
- Deal with day to day administrative duties and any ad-hoc duties assigned by the video helpdesk team leader.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco and Polycom video conference equipment and infrastructure.
- Strong customer services skills and experience within a high profile environment.
- Excellent telephone techniques and manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Present a self-image of confidence and authority to enable effective customer service delivery.
- Service orientated attitude combined with a flair for pro-active problem solving to exceed customers' expectations.
- Ability to provide services to the highest specification within a corporate environment.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to manage service disruptions in a seamless manner via effective use of the team’s resources so as to maintain business as usual activity.
- Ability to motivate self and others, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills and the ability to learn new software and systems.
- Using video conference bridges in delivering a high level of customer service.
- Work well under pressure.
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team and contribute to its overall success
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel and an interest in communication technologies.
A shift system is operated to cover the operational hours of 07:00 - 19:00.
Flexible hours will be required to provide cover. Working hours are subject to change to meet future requirements.
On-call availability on a scheduled basis for P1 or P2 level incidents is a requirement.
- Video Conferencing
- 1st Line
- Polycom Video Conferencing