A fast-paced and innovative start-up is looking for a Video Editor to join their fast growing and talented video team.
Company culture is very important to them, and that is why they were voted in the top 6 places to work in the Sunday Times Best Companies List 2017, and why they are constantly looking for ways to make the company an even better place to work. People join them to change the industry, work with world-class talent, develop their careers and become part of their remarkable culture.
The video team is one of the most creative teams in our clients company and you will have the opportunity to contribute to new ideas, learn new techniques and see your concepts come to life within the award-winning publishing department.
We are looking for an effective and hardworking Video Editor to join this fast-paced video team. Using your post production skills you will be responsible for creating a wide range of video projects including editorial, promotional, corporate, social and 'buzz-feed style’ outreach videos.
The role is primarily an editing role but will also require a strong knowledge and desire to create high quality motion graphics content as most of our video will require graphic elements. You will also take on a key role in the organisation and responsibility of archiving and mastering projects on completion and support the team with all post production related issues and technical issues, including participation in discussion regarding software and hardware upgrades and researching and implementing new/updated products/programs and solutions.
- Edit and create motion graphics videos in response to briefs.
- Use Wipster to work through stakeholders feedback.
- Optimising video for various platforms and uploading completed work.
- Take part in the ideation process, contributing ideas and creative solutions.
- Working with the team to advise on post-production schedules and workflow where required and helping to defining post production workflows to ensure efficient running of projects.
- Archiving and mastering projects on completion and ensuring the execution of overnight server backups is completed.
- Complete all related administrative tasks (for example: log sheets, Trello board, backup of projects).
- Overseeing Freelance Editors and Motion Graphics Designers where required.
- Research and implement new/updated products/programmes and solutions.
- Help the team with shoots when needed.
What Success Looks Like:
- Producing a high volume of videos each month, to a very high standard.
- Developing technical expertise and researching new systems and products to ensure best post-production practise.
- Strive to develop the quality and efficiency of videos.
Our Client’s Ideal Candidate:
- 1 year previous experience working in a post-production house.
- Experience using Adobe Premiere & After Effects with a portfolio of work to share.
- Ability to work quickly to a high standard and understand how to modify content for various different audiences.
- A team player who enjoys tackling challenges head-on to find creative solutions.
- Shares the company’s values and is a team player who is happy to chip and help fellow team. members succeed
- You know how to execute, with experience delivering great creative in a deadline-driven, high volume production environment.
- A hands-on, organised and methodical creative with the ability to help define the post production workflow to ensure efficient running of projects.
- Ability to use: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom,Media Encoder,.
- Other programs (not essential but a bonus): Illustrator,Pluraleyes, Screenflow, Carbon Copy Cloner.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job