At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people and you’ll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
We are currently looking to recruit a Video Conference Subject Matter Expert, based at our Macclesfield campus.
AstraZeneca is a global, innovation-driven biopharmaceutical business that focuses on the discovery, development and commercialization of prescription medicines for some of the world's most serious diseases. But we're more than one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies. At AstraZeneca, we're proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
The AstraZeneca IT function has undergone significant IT transformation to improve performance and perception of IT and is now focusing on delivering a great customer experience and overall service excellence. AstraZeneca End User Services function is committed to deliver excellent customer service and really focus on the customer experience to ensure our IT services meet current and future business needs.
High Level Function and Role Overview
The purpose of the Conferencing Team is to ensure that the AZ workforce is as effective as possible in the use of our conferencing tools portfolio: reducing the need and costs associated with travel and improving productivity across global teams. We focus on ensuring new global systems are introduced effectively, training and education is delivered to the functional areas in the right way and relevant to how people work, and that we promote our tools and services so our Workforce leverage the right capabilities available to them. It’s key we drive customer experience and drive improvements so our IT tools and services meet current and future needs of the business.
Video Conference Technical Specialist Role:
- Member of a small technical team which will manage, troubleshoot, and maintain all Video Conference infrastructure and equipment within AstraZeneca (AZ). AZ possesses an extensive on-premises bridging platform, leveraging multiple technologies to connect video conference (VC) room systems, immersive telepresence rooms, Skype for Business clients, WebRTC participants, and mobile devices to both self-service, and scheduled video conference calls.
- The top priority of this position is to ensure that the VC infrastructure and systems are operating as optimal as possible, for the best uptime and stability that can be achieved. This candidate will also share the responsibility of the planning, preparation, deployment, and long-term support of new technology or upgrades which are needed in the VC environment.
- Reports to the Conferencing Tech and Innovation Lead
- Provides support to the video conference support teams, and assists or leads escalations to suppliers or manufactures.
- Responsible for ensuring that VC infrastructure is deployed and configured to deliver maximum uptime, performance, and resilience.
- Advising when infrastructure updates or upgrades are needed, and what advantages or risks are involved.
- Participants in, and sometimes leads the planning, implementing, and testing new technology or upgrades to the VC environment.
- Provides input for key architectural decisions
- Responsible for managing and maintaining certificates on the VC infrastructure
- Aids in generating Root Cause Analysis for Incidents
- Maintaining the Change Management Database of VC infrastructure
- Identifying problem areas, creating plans for improvement, and being part of the implementation and testing.
- Participating in product evaluation and testing
- Ensure effective service management tools, monitoring and processes are implemented in accordance with AZ standards and procedures and to support service management for respective area of responsibility
Candidate Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience in deploying, managing, and maintaining Video Conference Infrastructure.
- Specific knowledge and experience in deploying, managing, and maintaining the Cisco Meeting Server (CMS) platform (or previously Acano) in clustered configurations.
- Knowledge and experience of certificate creation and management for integration from CMS to Skype for Business, WebRTC, and Cisco Meeting Application (CMA – previously Acano app), clients
- Experience with provisioning thousands of users with their own Virtual Meeting Room (VMR)
- Experience working with a video conference endpoint management platform, such as Cisco TMS for endpoint or account provisioning.
- Experience working with a video conference call scheduling platform, such as Cisco TMS, or Acano Manager.
- Experience with Change Control, including but not limited to: justification for change, implementation plan, backout plan, test plan, and risk assessments.
- Ability to quickly respond to, and manage high priority incidents through to resolution with other teams within the AZ IT organization.
- Proven escalation management capability.
- Team player who can integrate effectively into a global service team.
- Ability to give guidance to AZ Network professionals to help isolate, and resolve complex network or performance related problems.
- Ability to track and see long running problems or limitations through to resolution.
- Ability to understand, manage, and modify complex dial plans and call routing between other UC/VC infrastructure, including Cisco VCS-C & E, Cisco CUCM, and Skype for business.
- Service Delivery mindset and approach
- Strong communication skills with users
- Organised and strong administrative capabilities
- Strong experience of developing and managing relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to work well in diverse, multinational teams and proven ability to influence others to achieve positive outcomes
- Ability to work well with suppliers and partners for effective service delivery of Conferencing services across AZ
- Global Travel as required – Yes
Highly Desired Certifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job