Vice Principal - Curriculum & Quality
Morgan Hunt is working exclusively with BMet to recruit to an exciting new position for a Vice Principal - Curriculum & Quality. The role reports directly to the Principal and Chief Executive and is primarily responsible for leading the strategy for teaching, learning, curriculum and student experience across the college group.
This is a challenging and rewarding post working in a large, vibrant and diverse college group with a great team of staff and a supportive and ambitious Corporation Board. It will involve significant work with the Senior Leadership Team, the Corporation Board and external stakeholders.
This post will especially appeal to those who aspire to be a Principal and Chief Executive in the near future.
If you would find an informal, confidential conversion with the Cliff Hall, Principal and Chief Executive, useful ahead of proceeding with an application, please contact so that the necessary arrangements can be made.
- To lead the College's drive to good and outstanding levels of performance with a primary focus on teaching, learning, assessment, curriculum and student experience.
- To provide strong and inspirational leadership to colleagues across the BMet group.
- To play a key role with the Senior Leadership Team and the Board of Governors to achieve the College's strategic aims and ambitions.
- Lead the College's teaching, learning and assessment strategy.
- Further develop and lead the College's quality improvement framework and strategy.
- Lead the programme of professional development for teaching staff.
- Develop an agile self-assessment framework and cogent action and development plans.
- Produce the Self-Assessment Report and Quality Improvement Plan.
- To be the College's nominee at Ofsted inspections and Higher Education Reviews.
- To ensure that the College's Teaching, Learning and Quality Improvement Framework reflects leading practice in the sector.
- Review and develop the College's HE strategy and reporting mechanisms.
- Develop the College's HE infrastructure.
- To ensure that the College's curriculum offer is meeting the needs and expectations of students, employers and stakeholders.
- To take a lead role in the annual curriculum planning process.
- To ensure that the curriculum is well designed and that teaching, learning and assessment are appropriate for the level of attainment expected of students at their stage.
- To work with the Deputy Principal to achieve a high-quality use of blended learning.
- To work with the Deputy Principal and Chief Financial Officer to ensure that the resources are in place to deliver a dynamic curriculum.
- To work with the Assistant Principals to ensure that the whole student experience is fulfilling and prepares students for active citizenship and success in future learning and employment.
- Working with the Deputy Principal, ensure that timely performance data are available to Governors, Senior Managers and Curriculum Managers.
- To ensure that an appropriate suite of key performance indicators is developed for reporting to Governors and the college on curriculum performance and quality improvement.
- To line manage the Assistant Principals and the Quality Directorate.
- To act as a senior ambassador for the college and engage in productive working relationships with key stakeholders, including Ofsted, FE Commissioner's Team, ESFA, HE partner universities, West Midlands Combined Authority, City Council, Birmingham and Black Country LEPs and key employers.
- To champion equality, diversity and inclusion and to ensure that diversity, equality and inclusion are embedded in all areas of responsibility.
- To champion the College's safeguarding and health and safety strategies and ensure their operational delivery.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- A degree or equivalent qualification.
- A recognised teaching qualification and evidence of recent and relevant CPD.
- A strong track record of successful leadership within a large, complex educational organisation and partnership with external organisations.
- A knowledge and understanding of what constitutes outstanding teaching, learning and assessment, and experience of successfully implementing strategies which improve students' progress and achievement.
- Practical experience and understanding of inspection frameworks is essential and current registration as an Ofsted inspector is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to and influence a diverse range of people.
- A strong ability to understand, analyse and present data and to develop appropriate and effective courses of action based on it.
- A sound understanding of, commitment to and practical experience of leading Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Extensive successful experience of taking a strategic perspective, developing effective strategies and implementing them through rigorous operational plans.
- Successful experience of operational delivery across varied areas of responsibility through effective planning and monitoring of performance against action plans and targets.
A high level of financial acumen with successful experience of optimising income and ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of the complete student experience.
Morgan Hunt is a multi award winning Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'