Becoming a Vetting Officer with Capita/ Electranet:
Based in Cardiff - Mainly office based with potential travel (nationwide)
The Security Vetting Officer will ensure operational excellence in all the security check processes that underpin the integrity of our firm and satisfy the requirements of regulators, delivering a consistent and professional experience to the firm.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure relevant checks are completed in a timely matter for new starters including contingent workers and current employees. This position plays an essential role in the on-boarding process, to ensure all pre-screening checks are completed prior to a new starter joining the firm. Although the role will be predominately completing pre-employment screening, the role will also require completing security checks for existing employees.
What you will do:
- You will complete all security check activities within the agreed service level agreements and to an excellent standard
- You will develop and maintain high quality processes which provides key stakeholders with a positive experience throughout the process
- You will carry out regular reviews of the screening portal to ensure screening process is progressing in line with required timescale
- You will highlight delays or escalates issues where necessary to relevant members of staff
- You will liaise with resourcing and other departments to obtain necessary information to resolve queries
- You will take responsibility to update and monitor any queries through to completion, ensuring processes are completed to a high standard
- You will make appropriate decisions and uses judgement on work prioritisation ensuring expectations on service delivery and risk can be met
- You will identify process issues and opportunities for continuous improvement
- Adhere to the risk management policies and is aware of changes in the businesses approach to risk management
- You will ensure compliance with GDPR and maintain confidentiality of employee information
Your experience will include:
- You will have experience of completing employee background checks or experience in working in a high volume and fast paced HR function
- You will have worked to KPI's
- You will possess strong Excel skills
- You will have a proven track record of high accuracy with an eye for detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Able to work under significant pressure and to tight deadlines.
- A highly motivated and driven individual
- Good with people
- Experience with MOJ MOD vetting applications would be iand advantage in this role
About Capita/ Electranet
We are Capita, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions. Through bespoke, quality solutions, we've helped countless organisations unlock value and maximise their potential. With access to our range of unique and diverse opportunities, offering real career advancement and progression, we can unlock your potential too.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you 23 day's holiday, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Jonathan Mair or for guidance.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'