Vertical Milling Machinist required for our engineering client based in Dudley. You will be required to produce high quality machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a Fanuc computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances.
- Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Must have previous Vertical Milling experience and be able to set /operate and program machines using Fanuc controls.
- Skilled time served machinists from a CNC based machine shop environment
- Must be literate and numerate, with the ability to work to strict tolerances in a variety of cast materials
Salary Guide: c£23k to 25k
- CNC Machine
- CNC Programming
- CNC manufacturing
- CNC Mill