I am currently recruiting for a well established Insurance Company with over 60 years experience. The Company offer a wide range of insurance Products from car to home, commercial to taxi insurance. With an excess of 3,000 employees they are a brilliant company to work for!!
To work within a team of commercial management specialists to deliver an effective cost and vendor management function across the Group. This will involve the end to end management of the procurement lifecycle from start to finish and the optimisation of all contracts within their assigned portfolio. You will also undertake complex commercial negotiations as directed by the Head of Property, Facilities and Commercial Management and be responsible for all aspects on ongoing contract management and delivery. In addition you will provide advice and ongoing support to the various business owners from within the Group.
- Develop the Commercial Management Strategy for your operational area including category plans and full validation of the vendor to be utilised to support.
- Optimise vendor performance and track this against agreed SLAs which will include the calculation of service credits against agreed key measures.
- Identify areas of potential cost reduction and maintain cost performance particularly around run-rate expenses and budgeted capital expenditures
- Work to deliver improved service quality across areas of responsibility
Work with vendors to ensure that they are strategically aligned with overarching objectives of the Group
- Identify, escalate and mitigate areas of contract risk and ensure contract compliance
- Identify areas of improvement to reduce cycle times within the Commercial Management Function
- Contribute towards ensuring that the objectives of the Commercial management team are
- Assist the Facilities and Commercial Management in maintaining, continually challenging and consistently applying the Commercial Management Policy and its associated process and frameworks.
- Develop and undertake an on-going programme of wide ranging commercial reviews. This will involve managing the quotation/tender/re-tender process and will include but not be limited to sourcing, tendering and contract
- Undertake a range of contract compliance audits to ensure that orders are being raised and invoices are being paid in line with the prices which have been agreed contractually.
- Develop strong relationships with budget owners within the Company as well as key decision makers. In addition, Work alongside the Vendor Management team to develop strategic relationships with key suppliers.
- Lead internal/external commercial and supplier related meetings to ensure the
objectives of the meeting are clearly identified and achieved.
- Maintain the contract and supplier register to ensure that all contracts are detailed within the register and a hard copy is held. In addition ensure that all contracts which are due to expire are actively considered for the programme of category reviews well in advance of their expiry date.
Provide information as and when requested to budget holders which will assist in the forecasting, re-forecasting and ongoing reporting on budgets as and when requested.
- Contribute towards the monthly board report
- Support all ad hoc requirements as requested by the Senior Management team.
Preferred to be educated to CIPS
(Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply) professional stage
If you feel this is the role for you then apply today for immediate consideration!
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names
Rullion is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.