The Vendor Manager (VM) sits within the IT Technical Services function and provides review and direction for vendor activities, ensuring that the vendor's performance meets expectations. Working closely with colleagues across IT, Procurement and key business leaders and their teams, the VM will take appropriate action to correct failed activities, functions and processes. They will also assess internal customer satisfaction levels with selected vendors, and continuously guide service activities to maintain and enhance the gains achieved through corrective actions.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Help maintain relationships with one or more strategic IT vendors.
- Complies with vendor governance strategy.
- Facilitates and maintains relationships between strategic vendors and internal resources, including IS stakeholders and executive leadership to drive proper alignment on business and operational topics
- Maintains a structured vendor performance management framework across the Whitbread vendor portfolio.
- Work alongside procurement colleagues to assist with and understand any current requests for information (RFIs), requests for quotations (RFQs) and requests for proposal (RFPs) that are in the pipeline.
- Work with all teams (security, compliance, audit, HR, accounts payable and so on) to ensure that vendors are performing in accordance with existing requirements and regulatory obligations.
- Drives improvement to processes, procedures, workflow and organisational structures for contract management.
- Works to an established and maintained governance, helping to identify and limit (where required) points of contact for vendors, and clarify rights of authority for decision making.
- Contribute to service review meetings to ensure delivery against objectives and contract budgets. Develop regular reports on service milestones, execution and risk, and inform internal customers, vendors and management of activities and progress through regular written and verbal communication.
- Communicate clear and concise vendor performance management metrics, running effective vendor management dashboards.
- Understands service levels and their relationships to vendor pricing.
What we are looking for
- Experience in managing contracts in one or more IT categories, including hardware, software, service and communication
- Experience with negotiating and managing service life cycles, with an emphasis on technology or IT service agreements.Experience working with all key departments (security, compliance, finance, AP, legal and procurement etc.)
- Knowledge of IT concepts and systems
- Solid process management skills, with the ability to handle multiple vendors and multiple contracts, as well as a wide range of tasks
- Good relationship and interpersonal skills to be applied in working with vendors across the entire contract life cycle
- The ability to communicate with IT users and business leaders to understand requirements, expectations and value measures
- ITIL experience desired, but not critical
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job