Our client is a leading provider of hot beverage, coffee and vending solutions, and they are seeking an experienced Field Service Engineer or Vending Engineer to join their expanding operations in the Northampton area of the midlands.
Working as part of the Service Team, the Vending Engineer will play an integral role in providing first line on site support to customers, providing resolution to non-operational equipment. This opportunity is mainly but not limited to locations around the Midlands and Northampton areas.
The Vending Engineer will be expected to provide outstanding customer service, maintaining a positive image of the company at all times. The Engineer will be working on a wide range of coffee and vending equipment, from manufacturers such as Crane, N&W, Franke, Westomatic, and Coffetek. They will be interacting with customers of professional organisations in the city.
The successful candidate will have experience of electrical/electronic machinery and a technical background. You need to be an excellent communicator. Experience in the vending industry is desirable but not always essential. Full training can be provided, and so candidates from the coffee, vending, and gaming industry would be considered.
The company is offering full and comprehensive training program, a competitive salary between £21 - £24K plus a company car, fuel card, uniform and other benefits and incentives.
This role will appeal to someone who is proactive, customer focused and can work un-supervised. The position holder will be required to carry out their responsibilities as a service engineer and with a strong focus on customer service.
Working closely with the Service Desk on clearing down service calls, ordering parts that are required and when requested, get involved with site surveys and machine installations.
A company vehicle is provided as well as a full and comprehensive training program.
* Respond to machine failures.
* Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to all customers and machine operators.
* Be helpful and flexible in all duties.
* Communicate with operators and offer help, advice and any training as and when required.
* Communicate with Service Desk on clearing down service calls, and notify if any machines require parts.
* Order parts that are required and fit the parts when they arrive.
* When requested, get involved with site surveys and machine installations.
* Fill in correct paperwork for any service calls that are chargeable.
* Ensure vehicle is kept in pristine condition at all times, both inside and out.
* Maintain a well-organised stock of spare parts on vehicle.
* Ensure accurate use of mobile devices
* Ensure delivery of excellent customer service to all customers at all times.
* Be smart and presentable at all times
* Be helpful and flexible in all duties.
* Advise your line manager of any problems occurring in the operations supply chain
* Clear all service calls with Service Desk within 5 minutes of completion
* Work closely with Service Desk and Technicians in problem solving machine / operations issues to give customers an exceptional vending service
* Respond to reported machine breakdowns and aim to clear, 85% within 8 hours and 95% within 16 hours. Critical call response time is currently being monitored with the aim of a 100% with 4 hours
* Provide preventive maintenance to machines that are set up on the preventative maintenance schedule via Service Desk.
* Order parts through centralised spares, return under warranty parts within 7 days and collect any parts that have been ordered when notified of their arrival.
* Complete job sheets for any work that is confirmed to be chargeable.
* Complete vehicle and fuel expenses sheet on a monthly basis.
* Communicate with Service Desk, Operators, fellow Technicians and other vending staff as and when required using mobile phone, PDA or blackberry device.
* Keep company vehicle clean and tidy at all times.
* Clear down all service calls within five minutes of each job to enable Service Desk can plan any reactive calls that you may be required to attend.
* Provide cover to other areas as required by service desk to cover for holiday/sickness
Person Specification & Qualifications
* Technical and mechanical experience
* Basic electrical understanding and experience
* Excellent communication skills.
* Self-motivated with an enthusiastic approach to change and improvement.
* A team player as well as the ability to work remotely
* Good written and verbal communication skills
If you are an experienced Field Service Engineer with experience of either the coffee, vending, or catering industries, please submit your CV for consideration now.
- Field Service Engineer
- Field Engineer
- Vending Engineer
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job