- The position is for a Durability & Robustness PAT (attribute) leader who has the responsibility for the management and delivery of the Durability & Robustness attribute.
- This includes: Target setting & requirement management
- Planning, management & report out of all virtual, rig & driven testing
- Results and issue management including rootcause analysis and resolution
- Requirement to oversee and conduct a list of function tests on an 'adhoc' basis.
- Skills & knowledge of automotive suspension systems, loads management & RLD including understanding of the Mechanics & Dynamics of structural systems. Management of projects.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Good knowledge of vehicle testing including strength & fatigue theory.
- Candidate should have experience in vehicle testing (driven and/or rig) with knowledge of Chassis systems & load management.
- This should include knowledge of the road load data (RLD) process & its application to testing on rigs and assessing system/component capacity versus demand.
- The candidate should have project management experience.
- Minimum considered qualification is Mechanical or Automobile Engineering degree. Candidates without degree but with equivalent experience will also be considered.
- Hands on experience of vehicle testing for environmental, structural and system robustness verification
- A broad knowledge of Chassis, Body and Powertrain structures and major systems and their interactions
- Applicant with professional project management qualifications such as PMP, PRINCE 2, APM etc has an added advantage
- This role is for a SV PAT Leader but reporting into the core VE D&R attribute for delivering SV projects