We have an exciting opportunity for a Vehicle Technician to join the team based at our Plymouth Workshop. We are looking for professional vehicle technicians to perform a full range of inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance, and repair procedures on a range of HGV vehicles, light commercial vehicles, trailers, and mechanical equipment.
You As a team player who takes real pride in their work, you will be prepared to go the extra mile to ensure the job is done effectively.
Successful candidates must be fully qualified to at least advanced level (IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification) and have proven (via CV) experience of working on a wide range of vehicles for example LGV.
We also require you to have a full driving licence (C1 or C2 Licence preferable).
Role & Responsibilities
- Inspections, MOT Preparations, diagnosis, service, maintenance and repair procedures on a range of HGV vehicle, light commercial vehicles, trailers and mechanical equipment
- Electrical, mechanical and hydraulic fault diagnosis, repair and installation
- Setting and operating of machine tools and equipment
- Department of Transport (MOT) testing duties (if approved tester)
- Support workshops team members including Apprentice Technicians as required.
- Accurately record time to complete jobs and associated details
- Use of skills and performance of other work within normal grade/job skills as required by the Workshop Supervisor to maximise workshop efficiency
- May occasionally have to deal directly with customers.
Skills & Experience Required
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance & repair or an equivalent qualification (E)
- Qualified to carry out DVSA (MOT) testing (E)
- Experienced in carrying out all classes of skilled work, involved in the inspection, maintenance and complete overhaul of vehicles and mechanical aids, including mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis, overhauling electrical equipment and components and welding (E)
- Ability to complete LOLER testing and inspections (D)
- Full UK driving licence (E)
- C1 or C2 driving licence (D)
- Forklift operator (D)
- HGV inspection, maintenance, and repair (D)
- Strong customer service skills (E)
- Good communication skills (E)
- Good attention to detail (E)
- Ability to work autonomously (E)
- Ability to work within given timeframes (E)
- Diagnostics skills (E)
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,802.00 per year
- Performance bonus
- Monday to Friday
- Driving License (preferred)
- IMI Level 3 in Light or Heavy vehicle maintenance (required)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'