Our client who is one of the UK's leading commercial vehicle dealership. Due to their continued success Staffbase has been appointed to recruit for the position of Vehicle Technician to join the busy team at their depot near Ashby-del-la-Zouch.
Reporting to the Service Manager you be responsible for undertaking maintenance, service, inspection and repair activities on commercial vehicles including vans, HGV's and trailers.
Your duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- All visual inspections, adjustment operations, adjustments, operating fluid changes and additions, replacement of worn equipment (e.g. brake linings)
- Knowledge of deviations and extraordinary wear occurrences and initiation of order expansions/feedback to customers
- Repairs of worn parts (e.g. replacement of mufflers, outside mirrors, tyres and balancing, etc.)
- Performance of defined, but also more extensive, assembly work and repair (e.g. major assembly replacement, suspension strut placement, etc.)
- Vosa inspections (commercial vehicle and trailer)
- Cleaning and care of the customer vehicle
- Retrofitting and start-up of accessories and detachable body components
The successful applicant will have at least 2 years experience in a similar role. You must have a valid UK driving licence.
In addition you be a time served vehicle technician with Level 2/3 accreditation.
You will have previous commercial vehicle maintenance experience.
Hours of Work:
You will be required to work Monday to Friday on a two shift pattern (0600-1400) and (1330-2130) plus 1 in 3 Saturday morning (0700 -1200) Paid at time and a half. When working Late shift you will receive an extra £1 per hour.
30 days Annual leave
Death in Service
Training and development
- Vehicle Technician
- LCV Technician
- Van Mechanic