Vehicle Technician (Vans, Cars and Trucks ) Manchester - Salary is negotiable
Clemence Rogers are currently working in partnership with a client in the recruitment of an experience Vehicle technician in Manchester.
Responsible for performing all service operations (inspections), defined assembly operations, maintenance repairs and diagnose and remedying malfunctions with the highest level of quality and efficiency on Vans, Cars and Trucks. Performance of all service work, precisely defined maintenance repairs, and accessory retrofits, making a decisive contribution to maintaining the value of the customer's vehicle. Promoting the image of the organisation, thus contributing to customer satisfaction.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Carrying out visual inspections, adjustment operations, changing and filling operating fluids, and replacing wear parts (e.g. brake linings).
* Recognising deviations or unusual wear and initiating add-on work/providing feedback to the customer.
* Checking that the customer's vehicle has been cleaned.
* Performing defined, as well as comprehensive, assembly and repair operations.
* Documenting the performed work and returning to the workshop controller.
* Passing the vehicle on and cleaning up the workplace.
* Conducting routine inspections, condition reports indicating if uneconomic to repair and pre-MOT inspections as necessary.
* To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
* To co-operate with the company in complying with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
* Diagnosing vehicle defects and inform the Service Manager/Foreperson Mechanic of work content.
* Identifying repairs required through unfair wear and tear and advise the Service Manager/Foreperson Mechanic.
* Carrying out general repairs as required.
* To assist/attend vehicle breakdowns and conduct roadside repairs as necessary (within normal working hours).
* To co-ordinate the scheduling of repairs and ordering / receiving of parts etc.
* To complete all documentation including worksheets, certificates, receipts applying signatures as appropriate.
* To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
* To understand and comply with the Companies environmental policies.
* To record all times and attendance hours to facilitate payment.
* To undertake statutory training as may be required and product training by consultation.
Monday - Thursday 7am - 6pm
Friday 7am - 5pm