Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs
Vehicle Technician – Virtual Repairs
Location: Whitley, Coventry
Are you a Vehicle Technician looking for a new opportunity, to utilise your vehicle knowledge and apply this to early designs of new vehicles?
Do you want an opportunity to progress outside of the dealership environment?
Do you want a role off the tools?
Do you want to learn how to use CAD and develop your IT skills?
Our client, an ever-evolving automotive manufacturer with an impressive heritage and truly exciting future, is currently looking for a unique individual with a structured and methodical approach. Working within a specialist team to virtually evaluate future model designs to assess the serviceability and feasibility for service repair processes. The successful candidate will take pride in working on whole vehicles belonging to two of the world’s most iconic brands.
A Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs role or SERP (Service Evaluation & Repair Process) Engineer is responsible for the design verification of our products meet the service requirements and strategies set. SERP engineers are also responsible for the creation of workshop manual content and technical information.
Working through the design life cycle (from kick off to launch), Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs / SERP engineers carry out feasibility assessments to understand the repair & serviceability of the products from a robust, efficient and safety perspective. SERP engineers represent the voice of the customer and technician when discussing any repair & serviceability concerns within the engineering community.
The primary aims of the Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs / SERP Engineer are customer satisfaction, warranty cost reduction, and reducing maintenance & repair costs to improve product reputation and ensure future business success for the business.
This role would be ideal for a Vehicle Technician or Master Technician, who wants to apply their knowledge to a new environment.
The Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs / Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) Engineer will be required to do the following:
- Create Service feasibility reports through carrying out virtual feasibility assessments, this involves:
- Using CAD models of current tooling (Mandated Minimum Tooling, Special Service Tools, and Workshop Equipment) to evaluate feasible solutions.
- Using a digital manikin to assess the ergonomic feasibility of technician access and customer touch points.
- Use CAD software to review if components can be removed in a representative environment.
- Creating a step-by-step removal process to understand the estimated repair time.
- Highlight and communicate repair & serviceability issues both internally and to the program and engineering teams.
- Propose solutions and drive service feasibility issues to resolution.
- Work with Service representatives from the Programme and Commodity teams to build robust repair & serviceability issue cases.
- Author workshop manual content to the internal authoring standards.
- Create workshop manual process labour times.
- Update and maintain workshop manual content based on internal and external feedback.
- Represent the Service organisation within engineering forums.
- Carry out physical validations on prototype and production vehicles/units..
Skills & Experience Required of the Vehicle Technician - Virtual Repairs / Service Evaluation Repair Process (SERP) Engineer:
- Good vehicle knowledge including ICE and BEV.
- Good level of IT literacy including Microsoft Toolsets.
- Able to deliver quality and consistency in a complex, highly demanding environment.
- Good communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to investigate, analyse and implement effective solutions.
- Good project management and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Vis Mock Up or other CAD tools.
- Good report-writing skills.
- Working knowledge of JIRA / Agile
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'