- You will be joining the SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) & VP (Vehicle Personalisation) Commodity Strategy team. The team have two key responsibilities: - Ensuring SVO/VP requirements are considered and captured within the strategies for all vehicle systems.
- You will liaise with the appropriate cross functional areas within SVO/VP, in particular the engineering teams, and ensure they are feeding into the strategies being created by other departments within our client (Body, Chassis, Powertrain and Electrical).
- Managing the process for the creation of SVO/VP specific vehicle system strategies.
- The SVO/VP engineering teams will lead the creation of their strategies, as our strategy planner you will support them, constructively challenge them, champion the process, drive the teams to deliver to an agreed timeline and help bring together multiple functional areas to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are consulted.
- Though not a technical expert, the candidate needs to have significant knowledge of the majority of automotive systems, probably gained working for an automotive engineering organisation.
- This knowledge will extend to a general understanding the product development cycle and processes used in the automotive industry.
- Understanding of vehicle systems and interactions.
- Organised and logical approach.
- You will need to have the ability to lead and influence cross functional teams and be able to develop, maintain and leverage relationships across all areas of the business. You'll have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to represent SVO/VP in senior level meetings.
- A strong customer mindset is required combined with the capability of seeing the bigger picture and thinking strategically whilst challenging others to do the same. Flexibility to work on multiple projects is required and you will have a strong personal drive with a willingness to overcome challenges with a positive attitude.
- A relevant degree or substantial relevant experience is required.
- Ideally, you'll have experience of working on vehicle system strategies.
- Expertise on any specific vehicle system is not required but you will have the ability to review vehicle system strategy documents and identify the key points relevant to SVO or VP.
- Knowledge of our clients Product Creation Delivery System process is desirable.
- Good product and brand knowledge including competitors and an awareness of global industry trends is beneficial as is an appreciation of the SVO/VP business, the products we produce and how they're differentiated from the core client products.
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering or programme planning role is expected.