FTC Maternity Cover ( 12 Months )
£18,500 per annum
Vehicle Recovery Scheme & Abnormal Loads Officer.
To administer all instances where the Lincolnshire Police Vehicle Recovery Scheme (VRS) is used to recover vehicles or other property and to manage the receipt of abnormal load notifications and risk assess the loads and routes as appropriate. Manage, maintain and issue haulage and agricultural vehicle dispensations on an annual basis. Provide support and assistance within the department ensuring the smooth operation and delivery of core objectives. Promote equality of opportunity and provide a high quality, customer focused support.
- Ensure the details of all vehicles recovered under the Lincolnshire Police Vehicle Recovery Scheme are logged correctly onto the Vehicle Recovery Management System (ELVIS) referring to other force systems as necessary.
- Ensure the Vehicle Recovery Operators (VROs) receive all relevant information in relation to the storage and eventual release of vehicles and/or other property.
- Act as point of contact for police officers in relation to vehicles seized under section 59 of the Police Reform Act and sections 165a and b of the Road Traffic Act 1988.
- Monitor all section 165a seizures and authorise disposal as required for unclaimed or disclaimed vehicles and property.
- Undertake enquiries across the Force for all vehicles recovered in crime related matters to ensure those vehicles are released by the officer dealing as soon as possible. Ensure the 30 day reviews of these vehicles are carried out and recorded on the system.
- Manage the receipt of abnormal load notifications from hauliers. Carry out a risk assessment of the movement of the abnormal loads with regard to route suitability to ensure road safety is not compromised and congestion is kept to a minimum. Liaise with Hauliers, Local Authorities and Highway Agency officials as appropriate and issue Special Orders for very large abnormal load movements - arranging Police Officers for escort duties where required or requested.
- Understanding the Organisational Environment
- Generate Purchase Orders for goods and services including receipts for when goods are delivered
- Undertake general administration tasks, such as database inputting, scanning and other admin tasks
- Supporting and Working with Others
- Delivering Objectives
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering great Customer Service
- Must have the ability to develop strong working relationships within a multifunctional environment
- An important part of the role will be dealing with the public, including confrontational situations, so excellent complaint handling skills is a must
For further information on this role, please call Katie Perry on or email
- Customer Service
- Vehicle Recovery